Is that the Holiday at the beginning of the school year, September-ish?
If so well then I guess that's the one we celebrated!
We decided to take the kids on a Staycation her in the Valley.
We got the very last great rate of the summer at the JW Marriot Desert Ridge Resort & Spa.
We just went and stayed one night and spent 2 days swimming and playing in all their pools.
It was such a pretty Resort and all the pools were awesome! The kids had a blast!
I only had my iphone at the resort.
That Saturday early evening we headed home to sleep in our beds.
The next morning we woke up and headed to the Mountains to have a play date with some friends and the Jones' cabin.
It was great to get out of the heat for a minute.
Yeah, I thought it was a cabin but it turns out their "cabin" is the equivalent to my parents "riverhouse"!
It was super pretty! I love that places like this are just an hour and a half away from our doorstep!
Arizona is so diverse.
The kids had a blast catching the garden snakes all over the place.
Jared cooked us some stuff on the Grill.
After we ate we went to 2 hot spots up near Payson. or was it Strawberry? I have no idea where we were.
I wish I could remember the name of this lookout. It was so pretty but TOTALLY freaking me out!
Half of the building was on the mountain and the other half was hanging over a ravine.
They had a cute little museum where the kids had fun looking at local stuff like bones...
and poop!
The view was awesome. I was NOT in love with how the building was structured, so I was a little paranoid when the kids got close to the edge. Especially when all the awesome Dad's started jumping. They are the nicest!
We all took family shots. I wish Jared would have told me that day that I looked like Koolaid!
The Jones Family (our hosts)
The Arnett Family
The Miller Family
The whole Gang
We then took the kids Geo trekking. (is that the word) Anyways all of AZ (and probably other states) you can go to this website (which I don't have) and get GPS coordinates for these treasure boxes. You take little things like cards, McDonald's toys, and basically crap to put in the box and you get to take apiece of crap out that someone else left. It is actually pretty cute and fun. The kids loved it!
After our hike to our Treasure we drove over to the Tonto Creek Hatchery to see the fish.
It was closed... but do you think that stopped us? We are Hooligans!
We made sure to follow all the rules.
Luckily for Bryce and the kids, he found a dead fish on the ground that must have hopped out.

Jared on the other hand...
is the BEST at teaching our kids to follow the rules!
And of course our Kids love him for it!
We had a great weekend!


































4 comments:
A bit of jealousy over here...I love vacations that look anything like that. How fun you got to make such fun memories with friends.
WOW! Such great places...the ZONA is underappreciated for sure. Glad you had a great non-labor day weekend. :)
Who needs a cabin when friends have a cabin. Cool
Hahaha Koolaid and poop! That place is super pretty!
Post a Comment