Friday, November 18, 2011

First Grade Field Trip

I got to chaperon Cori's 1st grade field trip this year.

I still don't understand why we went her but it was pretty neat.
It's one of the biggest stuffed animal factories left in America, I think.

Anyway, when we got there they got to make a bear.
They got to pick from these 3 LOVELY colors.


Then she stuffed it by stepping on the pedal.

Then she took it to be stitched.

then this guy fluffed all the seams.

Then she used this machine to brush and suck up excess stuffing.

And then she gave it a wind bath.

And got to pick out 2 fancy ribbons

She was loving this!

Then she filled out a birth certificate.


They then had a class where they talked about the very first Teddy bear and how it was named after Teddy Roosevelt and other cool things about stuffed animals. She then got to tour the factory.

After the tour we got to have lunch. She totally ditched me to sit next to this handsome kid.

She had a fun time with her class. It's always fun to watch her as she interacts with others. I love seeing my kids in out of home situations. So glad I got to go with her.

4 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

How educational! Hahaha. Looks like it was fun anyway. Much more fun than any field trip I remember!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Sure beats the Jelly Belly Factory! Our first went to a farm and a play...you guys are spoiled.

Gpa Paul said...

Interesting choice of field trips, but i bet they loved it. No wonder we excell in education in this country

The Horners said...

Hahahaha. That's cute. It would have been worse had they not got to make a bear!