Sunday, November 6, 2011

RH 2: Wet and Wild!

This years Theme was Wet and Wild!
and folks, it was Wet and Wild!!!

I went out a whole week early to try to get extra time with my parents.
Hahaha... it would have helped if I asked what their schedules were first since they were still recovering from their Grand Canyon Rafting trip and oh yeah, my Dad has a job!

So I got to hang out with some of my siblings and their kids while we waited for the rest of the family to get there. My pics are so unorganized but whatevers! I've been editing pics for days and I'm not even to August yet. SOOOO over organization! So Here is a photographic montage of us playing with random comments of events that may or may not have happened in this particular order. I don't care. I do but not really.

I bugged my nephew Roman all week long! He was just so SQUISHY!
And squish him, I DID!


Loving the cousin bonding!




My Mom coached and judged Gymnasty on a professional level back in the day.
I mean I got to meet some legit Olympic gymnasts when I was a kid.
Anywho, I enjoyed watching my Mom help the girls some tumbling moves.


My goodness... this belly button is the cutest! It's owner is even CUTER!

I think Cori is ready for another sibling. Too bad that's not gonna happen!

The kids played on the new tire swing THE WHOLE TIME WE WERE THERE!
It made me sick just watching it!


We tried to convince Uncle Ben into having kids.
Our children did not help that conversation sink in. In fact, I'm pretty sure this WWF match made him decide to wait a bit longer! Bummer!



While they were doing that, I was doing this...

It wouldn't be the Riverhouse with out all the dirt to dig, and slide, and roll around in like hogs in slop!

Don't I look so Mature?

Hey Jude was a hit with my kids. They couldn't get enough of "Hey baby Jude"!

Picnics are a must at the Riverhouse.

Silliness is a must as well!


Naps are a good sign of time well spent.

Story time is a favorite amongst the kids! Grandpa is a pretty darn good storyteller!

Grandma's not so bad herself! Slumber parties are Cori's favorite part.

Nevermind... I'm not that mature...

Wet and Wild everyday




Responsible is written all over my face!

I Headed up a Treasure hunt since I was wearing my Camp fun Barbie outfit!
The Treasure was that I needed to get a coke at the general store down the street (like a crack addict) and I figured I'd buy the kids a special treat when we got there.

It was NOT the most stress free adventure of my life but the kids had a blast!


Outdoors ALL DAY LONG! One of MY favorite parts!


I'm the coolest.


Baths are a MUST at my parents but Bubble baths in Grandma's tub is always a treat.


Grandpa always takes the kids to the Nature center where they get to see taxidermied animals that are native to the area. It's actually pretty cool and every time we drive by it wether it's been a year or two, my kids always point it out with excitement.


Grandpa gave rides on the Quad.


artwork helped the kids on the down time.


Movie time was helpful to calm the wild life down.


My Parents are so patient. Love them so much!

Uncle Ben is always a hit with the kids. He's got mad Art skills and a silly personality.


Glad to know Grandma still knows how to ride a bike.



S'mores and a campfire overlooking the River at dusk.




More Wet and Wild fun





Patience... I can't tell you how many times the kids just slapped water in my Dad's face and he just sat there and took it like a good Grandpa!


Loved every minute of this time with family. It's great to feel loved and supported no matter what kind of Shenanigans are happening at home. The River is such a peaceful place I totally get now why my parents built a home in the middle of nowhere! :) I LOVE it there. I LOVE the people there and I am truly grateful to have been blessed with these people and memories. And we aren't even to the good stuff yet!

5 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Thanks so much for posting this...it was so much fun to re-live every moment from your perspective...great videos, too. It makes me love this place all the more knowing that good memories are being made here. (love you...just keep posting, just keep posting...)

Chris Holyoak said...

So fun to remember all of this! I'm glad you are blogging again. Miss you

Bassetts said...

You did great getting so much of your fun in all the pics. I love seeing all those happy faces and memories. Can't wait to see more.

The Horners said...

Hahahaha "Hello Jude."

It is fun to revisit alll of those pictures. You be crazy! Love those kids! Glad I will get to see more of them now that you're back on it.

Tiffany said...

I want to be in your family!! What a fun place to go away to.