Jared and I turned 9 years of Marriage on September 20, 2011.
To celebrate we took a quick trip to... UTAH!!! Hahaha!
It was actually really nice. Jared was already there on business so I came up a few days later for a long weekend.
We stayed the first night in this beautiful lodge right on the main strip in Park City.
It was super fancy pants! We walked up to dinner at Chimayo... Oh my goodness... DELICIOUS!
The next morning we went for a hike. It was super pretty.
I was having fun with my camera. I'm so artsy...
and Jared is so special...
well, I am too...
Everywhere my Mom goes she does a handstand. I swear we have pictures of my Mom (in her 50ies) doing handstands all over the world. It's quite awesome/hilarious. I've been trying to do this too. Except I always like to try and do my handstands on places that are stupid and dangerous... like on the edge of a cliff. Well apparently my shoulders can't handle my weight at the moment. So, as I tried a good 15x to get a stupid handstand pic, I totally fell and slammed my neck/face into a rock. It was so unladylike, ungraceful and plain old foolish. I could have fallen of a cliff to my death. Who would have believed Jared if I had died by handstand off a cliff??? But at least I got a picture.
This recent discovery of mine that I can still do a heel stretch makes me happy.
So I keep doing heel stretches everywhere. Maybe I'll just have to leave the handstands to my mom!
After our hike and a quick meal at some ritzy ditsy lodge, we went over to the Park City resort to do the Alpine slides. It's been over 10yrs since I had been there and they added a coaster and zipline so we decided to try them all.
The chair lift by far was the scariest part! I hate those things!!!
The Zipline was the next scariest. I was having a major panic attack while I was waiting in line. I basically crawled on the see through grate beneath us to get all hooked up. It was scary but sooooooo fun!!! I accidentally deleted my video which was super funny. Bummer.
The Alpine Coaster was the FUNNEST! I thought even Jared was gonna pee on me we were laughing so hard.
And then of Course the Alpine slide is now not so fun after a Zipline and a Coaster. But Jared had never done it so we did.
After our Park City Shenanigans we went over to Salt Lake where we stayed in The Grand America.
Always wanted to stay there. It is Classic and beautiful! I loved it!
We trekked around Salt lake that following day.
went to as many HOT spots as I could remember.
The Capital
Above the Capital where you can see the whole Salt Lake Valley.
If you know me at all, you'll know that this next spot is so NOT me. But I really wanted to go to Gordon B. Hinckley's (former Prophet/President of our church) grave site. I can't really explain why it was so important for me to go here to pay my respects to a wonderful man. It was such a neat experiences that I will treasure forever. The spirit, the reverence... such Hallowed ground, that cemetery. Will always LOVE that man. Maybe it's because he was the Living Prophet when I gained my testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Or the fact that every time he spoke, I swear he had me in mind. Or maybe when I was in a really bad place personally a few years ago, I remember struggling to feel hope or happiness or even the spirit. I remember watching his funeral services on TV and being overwhelmed with the spirit. A feeling I had been wanting to feel for so long I was able to feel in my home in FL, surrounded by 4 babies... I finally felt peace... content... and love from my Heavenly Father. I knew I was going to be OK.
So grateful for his influence in my life. :) It was emotional, spiritual and everything I had hoped it would be.
Of course a trip to Salt Lake would NOT be complete without a trip to Temple Square. We went there so much it was so fun.

Why haven't I ever been to The Lion House Restaurant? It was so good!
We ate enough for a dozen peeps, just f0r fun. Typical Mormon food= happy belly. Hahaha!
Love this Temple!
(I so need to practice a new picture stance. this is just NOT cute)
I love how ornate the doors are.
and then we had to ruin it with this cheese ball shot! Hahaha... we are so special!
Just waling around Temple square for Jared and I was a blessing. We forgot Jared's Temple recommend so we couldn't go in but luckily for us, we were both able to feel of the Spirit there.
Temple Square just makes me happy!
Later i went to the Spa and relaxed while Jared did some work. I'm pretty sure I had a better time then him. Loved that Spa!
We went back that night for reservations at The Roof. A Restaurant on the top of the Joseph Smith building. WOW!!!
The food and view was AMAZING!!! Loved it so much!
and the Temple at night is magic.
The next and last day we were there we drove up the Provo Canyon to Sundance. It was super pretty.
Jared wanted to test out the water.
It was cold... DUH!!! It's melted snow Special one! Hahaha... his face... Classic!
The leaves were just starting to change. Probably the only bit of Fall we would get to experience.
We drove through the Alpine loop (is that what it's called?) on our way out and back to the Airport.
We had a great time together. Just what we needed.
9 years... not all of it has been easy but it has all been worth it.
Looking forward to making it to 10 yrs.











































6 comments:
I LOVE President Hinckley too!! He always said just what I needed to hear and what would help me most. One of my favorite quotes of his that is my mantra is:
Keep trying
Be believing
Be happy
Don't be discouraged
Things will work out.
When tough times hit I just keep repeating it until I feel better!!
Love you guys!!
You guys are BOTH special. I laughed out loud a few times. I love that you have those weeds in your hands while doing a heelstretch and I can't help but laugh that you feel doing a handstand. I don't even think I can do one of those anymore and I know I'd probably do the same thing.
OH and happy 9 years.
Glad you had such a great trip. Happy Honeyversary. Love that last pic of the two of you knuckle heads...love you both, dearly.
So happy for you guys. You're beautiful together.
Not sure if it gets any more romantic then that! 10 years will have to be even better? You guys are crazy, but I LOVE IT! Food looks yummy and love the heelstretch. Crackin' up over here...
Post a Comment