With Valentines Day falling on Family Night, I figured finding a sitter would be tough.
Apparently I shouldn't assume because everyone we knew found sitters and went out.
But that's besides the point, I wanted try to do a family V-Day dinner like Madison's family does every year. I was super excited!
First of all we had a couple kids wake up on the wrong side of the bed.
But Cori's fit had me wanting to through in the towel before it was even 7am!
Am I really the meanest mom ever because I wouldn't let her wear her red dress with light pink hearts,
with her pink tights with brown hearts, with her long sleeved white shirt with black hearts,
to school? I guess so! I didn't mean to put up such a fight but I was trying to help but she NEEDED to wear all articles of clothing that was slightly Valentines day related all at once.
And "Jeans don't match"!
So to make up for my Nazi Wardrobing, I made pink heart pancakes.
I still feel awful when I look at her in this picture. It is obvious she had been crying.
and then we had a colossal misunderstanding with her hairdo...
Worst. Mom. Ever.
Sigh...
I was bound and determined to make my kids have fun on Valentines day... SO. HELP. ME.
I had planned a small meal of Spaghetti (mainly because it is red and easy) and Mom's jello dessert.
But like all things I do, I tend to get sidetracked... then one thing leads to another... I get carried away... and BAM!
Cupid barfs on my table!
I couldn't help myself, it was too much fun!
Dinner was a HUGE success! and I didn't even have to get dressed up!
The kids had so much fun and thanked me HUNDREDS of time.
"This is the best dinner EVER"
It was so worth it!
I also gave my husband the BEST. GIFT. EVER.
Don't be jealous!
We finished our little V-day party with dessert picnic style on the front lawn.
My midgets know how to par-tay!
It was SO. MUCH. FUN. and I definitely think we will make it a tradition.
Hope you all had a Happy Lovers day!















13 comments:
Love the shirt! I love how Cori is into making faces at the camera. Sometimes it's better just to stay home. Cupid did a good job... when he sent me a picture on my phone I couldn't see it very clearly.
I love this. Good job, Mommy.
Here come my random comments from a stranger :)
1- first, how do you guys travel so much? I mean your kids... you lock them in the basement? :)
do you hire a nanny to come stay or have family close by? We have 3 boys and struggle sometimes with taking "adult" trips (nana- my mother comes to stay sometimes) but I like to here what other big families do.
2- Great V-day dinner idea.. I will be stealing that for next year. love it!
3- Annnnd.. the shirt you got your hubs is hilarious. very sweet.
So cute! Your kids looks like they just won the lottery- SO happy!
As long as you had fun then of course it's worth all the work! What a great day. The shirt is so cute! Might have to get me one of those (or one for Rick).
Holy Freaking Super Mom!!!!!
I'm exhausted just looking at your post!
You inspire me.
You really do.
xoxoxoxo
Enjoy those "family" love fests while you can - those happy smiles are gone from the home too quickly & they will remember these fun times for years to come...even kids need to feel loved on "balentimes day." :)
So cute. I love your table decor, it didnt resemble any barf I've seen lately...lol! BTW as I was looking through your blog, Bradley has developed a slight crush on Luci, he keeps asking to see pic's of her....too funny!
Why don't you live by me so we can talk about these things and I can copy you??!!?!?! Cutest ever!! And I love 'Cupid barfs on my table'!!!
I would have assumed the same thing about finding a babysitter on FHE night. I love what you did instead, making it a really fun FHE night! Jared's shirt is so funny! Love it! Great idea! What is that dessert the kids are eating? I wanna eat that right now!
That shirt is hilarious! Cute idea! And your family dinner is precious! Glad you all had fun. You are such a fun mom!
Yes another over the top holiday celebration genetically infused. FUN FUN FUN
so fun! Nick turned 18 on "balentines" day!
Post a Comment