Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Crafts

Thanks to our Nanny-Friend Madison, who has told me about a little local secret called Bookmans, I've been feeling inspired in the craft department!

So the other day, I decided to let the kids play in the mod podge.
(Have I mentioned how much I wanna marry Mod Podge?)
Cori is always DYING to do a craft so this was perfect!
We made our self a family Time Capsule!
The kids LOVED it!

I was gonna bury it in the backyard but Jared was afraid we would forget about it.
So I stashed it up in a closet. We plan to open it in about 5 years.
Jared and I each wrote a letter to each child, as well as to each other.
I wrote down the latest and greatest like: popular song, movie, TV shows, Current President, Church authorities, Local Church authorities, Teachers etc.
The kids all filled out a questionnaire about there favorites.
Everyone also put a special something inside for the future.
I think it will be fun to open it in 5 years; Cori will be 11, Jake almost 10, Jason almost 9
and Lucie almost 8. Which totally freaks me out!

I also was able to help The Laurels put these together for New Beginnings.
Thanks to my SIL Kristin for finding the idea on Sugardoodle.
I'm LOVING this years theme: The 13th Article of Faith!
These plaques were a HUGE hit! Now I just need to make one for myself!

5 comments:

The Horners said...

Mod Podge is da bomb! Loving the time capsule idea!

The Holyoaks said...

Those temple things turned out great.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

LOVE the time capsule idea - 5 years seems right around the corner until you list the kids ages, it's kinda overwhelming to think about because so much will change in their lives by then. Keep on craftin! :)

Gpa Paul said...

Mod Podge, Deco Podge, just can't keep up on the latest crafty stuff. Time capsules however are timeless. Good Idea.

Larsen's! said...

how do you make these plaques Cindi? Please forward info