Monday, June 28, 2010

Steve Madden Nude Pumps-1: Cindi-ZERO

Aren't they Pretty?

That is right folks, I got these super cute shoes for 30 dollars! There is this store here called Last Chance, it's where all the rejects from Nordstroms Rack end up.
It is A.MAZ.ING for shoes but not so much for clothes. But shoes?
Oh man do they have shoes! Cheap designer shoes!
I'm still pinching myself for not buying the Beige Swede Strapy Jimmy Choos for 50 bucks!

So I've been walking around the house all week practicing in these 6 inch tall beauty's.
When Sunday strolled around I was confident in my abilities to walk in them in public
and dare I say, run after midgets in them!
I got dressed, felt very good and feminine and was out the door. I did great at church.
No wobbling, slipping or stumbling, I was strutting in my Steve Madden Nude Pumps for $30!

After Church I loaded the kids up in the car and as I was pulling out,
Cori reminded me that she left her brand new sweater inside.
So I pulled in front of the doors, locked the kids in the car and went inside to look for her sweater.
Couldn't find it anywhere so I headed back for the car.
As I walked through the crowded foyer to the exit, frustrated about the sweater,
I rejoiced in the the success of my day in my pretty new pumps.

Right as I stepped outside in the blazing hot sun...

I rolled one ankle...

then the other...

and as if in sssslllloooowwww motion...

a tripped...

stumbled...

slid...

while struggling to regain my balance...

fell...

CRASHED...

AND...

BURNED!

It was so un-graceful!
and SOOOOO Painful!

I tried to eject from the problem mid fall but those darn shoes
were a perfect fit and I could not fling them from my feet!

I landed in the most un-lady like fashion exposing my spirit for the whole world to see!

I quickly released my feet from their $30 shackles and hobbled swiftly to my car in my bare feet, took a quick look around to make sure no one saw, then thanked my lucky stars that no one inside came to my rescue.

Lets be honest, just because I didn't see them doesn't mean they didn't see me... everyone saw!

It was a bloody mess!

So the moral of this story is Practice, Be Humble,
and never be too confident while wearing 6 in heels!

Technically this could count as a family preserves post.

The FP question that I keep avoiding is-What's the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?

I keep dodging this question because there isn't just 1 thing that stands out.
You see, I'm clumsy! I stumble, I have accidents, I fall gracefully,
and sometimes NOT so gracefully.
It would be safe to say that I'm trippin'! Literally!

This stuff happens to me ALL THE TIME!
My life is filled with embarrassing moments like this!
I'm sure you can all think of an embarrassing memory that I was apart of!

POST EDIT: So they are 5 1/2 inches tall. That's VERY tall for shoes!

16 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

OUCH!!! Are ya kiddin? Don't you know that 6" heels requires some serious Barbie Doll feet? I wouldn't have tried those in my prime days at Dancer's Workshop with my spectacular toe shoe point! Looks painful, but probably not nearly as painful as the knowledge that it was witnessed by so many...mwahahahahaha! (Sorry - the visual is priceless!)

Adam and Jessica said...

Awww... Sorry Cindi Lou Who. That sucks. But top this. Falling down a flight of cement stairs, wearing platform sandals (back in the day), short shorts, and getting the wind knocked out of you. Knocking on the door you fell in front of and they dialed 911. I could not breathe, and got taken away in an ambulance on a gurney! Mortifying! Everyone at all of Utah State University saw me! I feel your pain! Love you sister!!

Coordination Queen said...

I'm impressed by the fact you can walk in those at all... I think I would have broken my ankle if I looked at those too long!

About Us said...

HAHAHAHA....I am so sorry about your incident, but at the same time, I had to laugh. I laugh because I bought some tall shoes (like yours) and pray every time I wear them, that I will not roll my ankle, or fall. But, I just can't not (that's right, right?) wear them...if they just didn't make my calves defined and me thinner-looking....But, every time you (or anyone else) falls, you always look around to see if anyone saw you right? Happy Healing!

The Holyoaks said...

Is that a puncture wound from the other heel? I can't really tell. This does not look fun. So sorry.

I was in the middle of telling a story at work about something that happened at church. The phone rang and I answered it, "Dear Heavenly Father?" That was pretty embarrassing.

Anonymous said...

Those are the cutiest shoes... I'm sorry you took a tumble but those shoes might have been totally worth it :)

The Horners said...

Hahaha, I'm laughing at you and at Jill's comment! I have had my share of falls and embarrassing moments. Remember those boots I told about on my blog back when I was pg? I've never worn them since. They are cursed... Or am I cursed? Ouch. I know exactly what that feels like. I'm sorry... but you do have pretty nude shoes that I still can't find anywhere!!!!!!!

Middleton said...

How funny! You girls and your high shoes - makes me glad i never wear them. This reminded me of Terri's similar incident with baby in belly. Ouch!

Rochelle said...

Ouch. Where was Jared? Why didn't he come to your rescue!? I almost took a tumble (felt like I was gonna faint) saying the closing prayer on a fast Sunday in RS when I stood up too fast in really tall heels so I just started the prayer hoping people would look down and not see me swaying...

Chante said...

Oh shoes...love them. Sorry about your fall, but at least you sort of weren't falling around a ton of people, right? When I was recently prego I wanted to wear my heals to church, because they are just cuter and flats just aren't as cute, so while getting ready, last second I popped them on and then in my bathroom rolled my ankle and my foot started to swell and was in so much pain, but I still HAD to wear them and shoved them back on my swollen foot even though it was turning purple, and I was limping at church being prego and all. It's all about the shoes.....

Gpa Paul said...

Well you may not be able to walk but one talent you definately have is the ability to laugh at yourself and not take yourself too seriously. I love it. Keep laughing and even slips up end up being fun. Love you.

Tiffany said...

So funny! And sad. Oh and embarrassing!! I'm pretty sure if I think hard and long enough I could remind you of a moment!! haha! You're the best!

Adam and Laurin said...

Oh Cindi, that story just made me giggle.... I hope your healing well, that picture was brutal!

Kaymee said...

OWWWW!! very cute though!! is it rude of me to still laugh at the story though?? :)

Natalie Hall said...

Oh my word darling!!! I'm so sorry... That is the worst feeling ever. If it makes you feel any better that happened to me a couple of months ago also at church. You win, your fall left blood, you poor thing! They are so darn cute though. It's hard being a mom and keeping up with the styles.. I'm overly impressed with all your little kiddos that you made it through as long as you did.. You true rockstar.

Bassetts said...

OUUUUUUUUUUUUCH! Looks like the heel actually stabbed you. Is that what happened? You are risky, but always look so hot. Oh the things we do for beauty :) I can't tell you how often I am clumsy. Luckily, it happens more at home where there really aren't anyone there but my girls. I guess that says a lot about me huh? Live and learn...hopefully :)