My Journal inspiration for today is... Describe a Birthday.
hmmmmmm... this is a tough one too. Partly because I can't remember...
For some reason the only one that comes to mind was my Birthday in 5th grade. That was 1992-ish so I guess I was turning 11? Well, My mom had recently married my Dad Paul and we had just moved up to San Jose, CA from Bakersfield, CA. It was a new house, new family, new city, and new school. As I have an October Birthday, I only had a month and a half to make friends so I could invite them to my Birthday Party (this was totally my thought process back then). There was a group of girls that were "cool" and I tried everything(besides actually talking to them) to get there attention. It was a tough time. My mom finally suggested that I invite them over for a swim party. So I sent them all an invitation. No one called and no one came. It was awful! But before we cleaned up, one of the girls and her mom showed up. Her mom had found the invitation and brought her over to officially meet me. (but I kinda think that maybe my mom called her mom) Success! We became fast friends and it turned out that she was the little ring leader of the "cool" girls. So on the next day at school, I was instantly surrounded by a group of friends.
By the time my Birthday rolled around I invited all the girls for a Halloween Birthday Party. This time, everyone showed up. It was so much fun. We played the donut on a string game, jumped on the trampoline and danced to like Kris Kross or something. I remember getting a whole bunch of Trolls! They were so in and I had quite the collection after that! It was a good Birthday.


I have always LOVED my Birthday month, OCTOBER! I love the Fall, I LOVE Halloween, and I loved being older then all my friends. I got to do everything first like go to dances, date, drive (well Jenny beat me to that one, darn permit test!), go to the Clubs... Bahahahaha. Oh how that seems like forever ago! I almost always had a Halloween Party which I loved. And I just LOVE that Cori was born to days before my Birthday. So she too will get to have a great Birthday month! Let me tell you that this Halloween Birthday stuff is a THOUSAND times easier and cheaper than any other birthday party! I LOVE it even more. Hopefully she will enjoy it too.
7 comments:
I remember that birthday party too. I'm pretty sure you were definitely dancing to Kris Kross!
I remember too! That bone in your hair is awesome!
I don't remember this at all, but it was fun to read about it and I love the hair. Did you show this one to Jared?
Yeah, I think your mother is awesome - nice costume & cake! You didn't have a party every year - I tried to do milestone bdays...this was an exception because we moved & I was trying to help you connect with some friends. I remember your Rainbow bright party (where you got that nurses outfit), & the Raleigh Skateland party (all your Packer peeps came) Those are the only ones I remember. Most of the time we just celebrated with family.
Oh, you were the cutest little thing. I remember. Glad to have you in our family. (You are still cute. :)
Makes me want to wish you a happy birthday. so......HAPPY BIRTHDAY...
It's so funny how much you love your birthday month cuz I couldn't imagine having mine in October. I loved a summer bday. Anyways, can't believe that bone stayed in your hair so long. I always thought you were cool :)
Post a Comment