
Well my goal of doing this once a week quickly went out the door...
Anywho, my question for today is... Do you have a favorite General Authority? Who and Why?
I would have to say that it is extremely difficult for me to name just one.
I LOVE several of them for different reasons.
(if you click on the pics it will take you to my favorite talks they have given. oh and on the far right of each article you can click watch.)
Like...
I love Jeffery R. Holland...
for the strength of his testimony. His knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is so broad and I am always in awe of his firmness in expressing it's truth. I admire his ability to not hold back and say things that NEED to be said.
I love Dieter F. Uchtdorf...
acting member of the 1st Presidency of the LDS Church, for his sincere testimony. I love his ability to tell a story and teach me it's meaning. I enjoy his bright spirit and hang on to his words.
I love Henry B. Eyring...
acting member of the 1st Presidency of the LDS Church, for the spirit he exudes. I love how I can see when he is overwhelmed by the Holy Ghost. I can sense his love for me and his wish that I come unto Christ. For some reason the word "Tender" comes to mind. :)
I have always loved President Thomas S. Monson...
acting President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, because his words are so honest and kind. When he speaks I feel that it is directed towards me and me alone. His words and spirit bring me great comfort.
and... President Gordon B. Hinckley...
former President of the LDS church, will always hold a special place in my heart. Maybe it's because He was President of the Church when I gained my Testimony. He just seemed so friendly and warm. Even as a teenager his words would capture my attention, I ALWAYS felt the spirit when he spoke. When I think of him I think of happiness. He always put a smile on my face with his humor as well as for his obvious love of his eternal companion.
and lastly I just LOVE Sister Julie B. Beck...
acting General Relief Society President of The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She knows the struggles that come with motherhood yet she still knows it's possible to do ALL that we've been asked to do through the atonement of Jesus Christ. I feel that she knows me and senses my trials and struggles and still encourages me to carry on in my important call as a mother.
I appreciate so much all of these General Authorities for their encouraging words, direction, and outstanding examples of faith. I am truly Thankful to have the privilege of hearing their counsel and testimonies. Their messages have touched my heart and defiantly made an impact on me. They have strengthen me in times of need and encouraged me in times of sorrow. They have lifted me and inspired me. They have made me happy. Thru them I can feel my Saviors love for me.






8 comments:
Cool post! I, too, love every one of those people. They are some of my favorites as well!
Jeffrey R Holland tells it like it is. I really like that. They are all so wonderful for different reasons. I agree that it's too hard to pick a favorite!
I have loved President Monson for years and recently President Uchtdorf has become a favorite as well. Their voices are so wonderful to listen to. And I love their stories and the way they share their testimonies. All of them are so wonderful! We are so lucky to have these great people lead this church.
Eyring said one sentence one time that made me come back to the church after being gone for awhile. So he has a special place in my heard. Beck makes me a stronger mother, I love her. Type Julie B. Beck into google and see what comes up! Me! woot!
It truly is hard to pick just one & the older I get, my list of favorites grows. I love Harold B Lee because he was the 1st Prophet I heard when I joined the church. I love Vaughan J Featherstone because he took the time to give your dad a personal blessing of comfort. I love David A Bednar because he helps me to understand the plain & simple truths of the Gospel.
Bednar is one of my favorites right now because of his "up to date" knowledge of what younger generations are dealing with. He has had some great talks recently. But, these other ones you mentioned are some of my favorites too.
McConkie for his strength and his last testimony. paraphrased...Soon I will see the Savior and I will know him no better than I know him now. Plus the song/poem he wrote "I believe in Christ"
Hinckley for his love and his response to Larry Kings question about a church run by old men, "Isn't it wonderful to have all that wisdom".....
You are such a great example. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love those men and women and for so many of the same reasons. Pres Monson was always up at the top with Hinckley. Uchtdorf and Bednar have really touched my heart and built my testimony a lot lately. Thanks for the boost :)
Post a Comment