Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Midget Moments


Tonight as I was putting Precious to bed she said "Mommy sing".
So I sang her her favorites
"I am a Child of God", "Where you There"
and as I was singing "As I have Loved you", she interrupted and said,
"No, Twinkle Star" and then tightly shut her eyes (with her fingers).
As I started to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star",
with her eyes still closed tightly she slowly began to smile.
And my heart melted. Her pretty little face... her soft little cheeks... her super curly hair...
ahhh I'm so in Love with my baby!
I thought to myself 'I don't ever want to forget this'
and it got me thinking about all those moments I have with my children where I think
'I don't want to forget this' and then I do forget because I can't remember anything right now.
I need to write these precious moments down because when my life slows down
I know I will want to remember.

I LOVE how I will tell Jason a thousand times a day that I love him and always,
whether he is paying attention or not, will say "I love you mommy"
in the most monotoned voice you could ever hear!
It is so automatic that it makes me giggle.

I LOVE that Jake thinks Twinkies are called "squeaky cakes with the cream under them".
And how he begs to have one and says things like
"Aren't I a good boy?". Who can argue with that?
And who in the world bought Twinkies in the first place?

I LOVE how the boys want me to sing to them at night too.
They share a room but they want me to sing just to them
so I sing a couple songs to one on one bed
and then on the other side of the room too sit and sing a couple of more.
Jason wants the same 2 songs every night, "Twinkle Star" and "A Song"
which is what he calls "I wonder When He comes again".
Jake always wants me to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, Daddy has a motor Car"
and every night I tell him no because I don't know it. haha.
He usually settles for "Jingle bells" and "I'm a Child of God".

I LOVE how Cori always asks me to come in her room at bedtime
so SHE can tell ME a story.
She's so smart and figured out that if SHE tells the story
than she can make it as long as possible.
Plus I think she also figured out that
"Onceuponatimetherewasagirlwhowastiredsoshewentdownstairsgotinbedandwenttosleeptheend"
was not a real story! She is growing so fast and I am so not ready for her to grow up!

and these are the days of my life... and tonight, I LOVE it!

8 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

I like that story you used to tell Cori. I'm going to have to use it.

Lisa said...

Those are great moments. I have a friend that "carried around" a little oange book, as she calls it. And writes down things she wants to remember and then puts some of them on her blog to share. I really doubt she carries it around but I think it is handy and it helps her to write things down. I haven't tried it but I should. We all forget.

The Horners said...

They are all so cute! I love what Jakey calls twinkies!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Monday Midget Moments...take a few moments after FHE & jot down the weeks' sayings - or Fast Sundays is a good day to do these things, too. I seem to have more time on my hands on Fast Sundays.

Rochelle said...

Good things to document. So adorable.

Coordination Queen said...

I love the story you told Cori. I wish I could get away with that one! :)

Gpa Paul said...

Thank you for sharing the moments that remind us how good life is.

Bassetts said...

So sweet. I love those precious moments. Thanks for sharing. It's fun to see the sweet side of your kids cuz they are always so crazy :)