Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter and Jake's Birthday

There was so much going on this Easter Sunday!
It was so fun having Kristin and Allie here to share it with!

We bounced back in fourth from Easter, Jake's Birthday and General Conference...
It was a lot to accomplish, but we did it all!

My boy is 4!!!
Since it was Sunday, we settled our donut tradition on Pillsbury cinnamon rolls.
He didn't notice!







After all that, one movie, one session of Conference and lunch...
we did our obligatory Easter Egg Hunt.



you're never too old for an egg hunt!




Seriously, why can't she be this organized with everything?



Classic!

PRECIOUS!


In between Conference, Jared took Kristin out on a hike.
(I'm pretty sure it was to try and convince her to move to the desert)

Kristin stepped on a cactus and one of the spurs went all the way thru
her shoe to poke the bottom of her foot!

Those suckers are sharp!

We also got crafty.

After dinner, we rode bikes...

and had some Cake! Jake, Jason and Lucie opened the fridge
door a bazillion times to try to sneak a peak of the cake.
(I tried to hide it in the fridge, but they found it)
All I heard all day long was, "Jakey's birthday cake?"
so there was lots of excitement when I finally pulled it out!

He was very excited and embarrassed when we sang to him.

Oh man, I just realized I didn't video it! Tear :(


I have a picture of all my kids doing this.
Why do we have forks???

the festivities continued till it was bedtime...

Allie enjoyed my "Wicked Witch of the West bike"!

Our Nanny friend Madison was so sweet to join our little celebration for Jake.
After all, every time he got in trouble over the last couple of weeks he would say,
"Mommy, I'm mad at you. You can't come to my birthday, but Madison can".
Seriously, he LOVES her so much (we all do)!

Jake's B-day would not be complete without a "swamp buggy" ride!


He literally grinned this big the entire 45 min ride!




we even visited the neighbors horses.







and we stole some grapefruit!
We had a great Day to say the least.

Conference this year was great.
We are so blessed to have such inspiring leaders on this earth.
I particularly enjoyed this talk, this talk, and this talk.
Wow, if that is not a call to prepare yourself, than you might need a physical kick in the butt!
I am truly grateful for the guidance and motivation to be better.

I am also grateful to have such a sweet little Boy!
I can't believe my Jakey Boy is 4!
He just grinned all day long and kept asking if it was still his birthday.
Every time someone would wish him a Happy Birthday,
he would smile a BIG toothless grin and say Thank You!
Jake, Mom loves you THIS BIG!

I couldn't be more grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
As well as His Resurrection.
He is Risen!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

11 comments:

Middleton said...

Your kiddos are all so cute! Happy Birthday Jake! I LOVE the pictures of him while you guys are singing... he really looks emberassed. And Allie looks so grown up!

The Horners said...

What a busy day! Jakey looks so tan and they all look so big!

Only a few more days!!

The Horners said...

oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKEY!!!

The Holyoaks said...

Miss u guys so much,b glad u had fun with Kristin and Allie

Kasey Strong said...

For some reason, I was wondering recently how you'd bathe and get ready for the day 4 kids and yourself everyday. I struggle with just one baby and myself. You're amazing. It looks like you guys had a great Conference and Easter and Birthday weekend. I'm sad we weren't able to get together while I was in AZ this summer. But my husband has family there so maybe next time we can get together!

Elisa said...

Holy busy day. Jake is SOOO dang cute! I can't believe he's four! The hiking looks like so much fun! I'm so jealous that its nice enough to be in the mountains down there! Can I come visit!?

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Great pix! Kristin looks awesome, cactus splinter & all! Love Hooties wild hair & Jakey's embarrassed expression. So much fun!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Easter. Happy Birthday to Jake! (4 years old....WOW....that's unreal!!)

Gpa Paul said...

Jakey looks like he had the time of his life. Good job parents. Happy boy and awesome smile.

Chante said...

Oh my, very funny that Cori was organizing her easter eggs because Ava does and did the same thing, but is the messiest little girl!

Larsen's! said...

wow! darling blog, lots of fun and Happy Late 4 yr old bday to our little Jakey Poo! We miss you Jake - remember when we use to be your favorites??? Sob, sob, cry cry!