Since I have been getting texts and calls asking if I am ok, I will update my blog so that everyone knows that we are fine... just very, very busy!
I HEART NEW YORK!
I really mean it! If I had no children that is where I would live! (I have no idea how people do big cities with babies, ugh!) I am most definitely a big city gal. I love the hussle and bussle, the lights, the smell, the FOOD, the people, the shopping, the entertainment. It is just so fun!
So 3 days after we moved into our new home, we flew our dear friend Lorren out to sit on our kids (literally) while Jared and I headed of to the Big Apple. Jared had to take a Doc out there to meet with some Big wig Stryker engineers to help develop some new products. Anywho, about 2 months ago Jared invited me to tag along. Little did we know that the closing of our home would be pushed back and back. Talk about POOR timing! Alas, It was just what Jared and I needed after a couple of weeks of high stress! It was one of the few times we have been childless. We had a fabulous time!
Me being obnoxiously excited on our flight!
As soon as we landed we dropped our stuff off at the hotel and headed out to see the sights. Rockafella Plaza was amazing! I teared up as it popped into view! It was truly magical, like Disney for grown ups? Anyways, We watched a cute couple get engaged on the ice rink below the tree which was so fun.
We got "a bowla pasta"A-SAP. So yummy!
Time square.
I hope Sherlock Holmes is not rated R cause I really wanna see these hotties!
The last night we were there we saw West Side Story. It was wonderful except for the fact that they changed half of the play in Spanish and the guy who played Tony was only so-so. I've seen the movie a thousand times so I knew the story line enough but with it being in Spanish, had I not known the story line, I would have been totally lost! (QUE?) But man the gals that played Maria and Anita were Phenomenal!!! Aaaaa-MAZING choreography and dancing! Loved it!
We laughed at this pick cause Jared is grabbin' some bootie!
Once upon a time I wanted to be a Rockette...
so for "kicks" I did my best! I really wish we would have seen the Christmas Spectacular but maybe next time!
more sight seeing.
The second day we were there Jared had to work all day so I was flying solo. I walked everywhere, grinning the entire time. I walked up 5th ave... walked through central park... went to a craft fair in central park... spent way too much time at H&M... and then headed back to the hotel for a relaxing massage. I then met up with Jared and company for dinner at the most amazing Italian restaurant I have ever been to! Everything and I mean EVERYTHING was sooooooo good. I don't even remember where it was or what it was called but it was DELICIOUS!
The next day It rained... and rained... and later snowed! It was so fun. Jared and I walked around some more and just had a fun time being irresponsible adults! I almost got my eye poked out like a million times by all the umbrellas. And you know how we shouldn't drive and text at the same time??? Well in the city, you should not walk and text at the same time!!!
We learned that the ball that drops on New Years is a LOT smaller than it appears on TV!
I also love any and everything Broadway!
After we saw West Side Story the last night we were there, JAred and I got to meet up with some of Jareds college buddies Greg and Dave who both are living out the remainder of their bachelorhood in NY. It was great to see them and catch up. We stayed up way too long that night eating way too much pizza!
The trip was great and I got plenty of R&R&shopping! :) I can't wait to go again!
8 comments:
Lucky! That looks SO much fun. I have only been once, but like you I loved it! Your rockettes kick made me laugh. Sigh...now I want to go to NYC and shop.
"New York New York" Sounds like you painted the town.
SOOO FUN!! I need a trip away with my man! You should come to vegas and go to Lion King with me!! Or Jersey Boys :)
I heart NYC, too! Did you see my friends in China town & Little Italy?
Looks like you had a great time. I love New York too! The ball IS very small, I had no idea! Glad you had a good getaway! H&M is DANGEROUS!
That looks like SO much fun! We have a secret goal to live in NYC during residency -which is completely crazy I know, and all my friends try to talk me out of it- but I think I could do it. Its calling my name!
Oh, and your family pics are adorable too.
once upon a time I lived in New York. 14th street and Union Square in Manhattan (best farmers market there). It was the best time of life, Ever! Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.
FUN! I'm a little jealous you can pull off a center part.
Post a Comment