Saturday, December 19, 2009

This week I LOVED...

finding old sweatshirts from Christmas Pasts...

making goodies for friends...

being so busy that we never gave the goodies to friends...

making broccoli cheddar soup...

finishing christmas shopping and getting everything wrapped...

getting Christmas Cards (my favorite!!!)...

learning to do the dishes...

in awe that my girl is so big...

but still very silly...

this little boy...

these curls...

this girl...

and this face...

naked boys by the fire...

It's been a great week!


Broccoli Cheddar soup
1/2 cup flour
2 cans chicken broth
3 cups potatoes, diced
1 onion, chopped
1 head broccoli
1 1/4 cup milk
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

Toppings:
Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Green Onions, chopped
Extra Cheese, shredded

Whisk flour and 1/2 of one can of chicken broth and set aside
In a large pot, place remaining chicken broth, potatoes, onions, and broccoli. Bring to a boil and let simmer 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Add the flour mixture to thicken soup and cook for 5 minutes.
Add milk and cheese and cook until cheese is melted.
Serve in bread bowls (or with bread on the side) and top with toppings.

6 comments:

The Horners said...

Why don't I have my Christmas sweater and why does yours still fit? Lucie looks like a cute little hobbit baby with those curls! They're getting so big!

Elisa said...

I've had that same type of week and I love it! But my camera is having some issues and I wasn't able to document like I want to.

The Holyoaks said...

love that pic of Cori with the pot on her head! and i love the christmas tree weenies!

Linda and Rex said...

Looks like you had a lovely week. Merry Christmas

Coordination Queen said...

I'm glad to know my little boy isn't the only one who runs around naked. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Kaymee said...

I want to make that soup right now! ps- i didn't send any cards out this year- i am totally lame! :( Merry Christmas!! Cute fam!