Monday, November 30, 2009

Let it Begin. Let it Begin. Let. It. Begin.

We went to see Santa Tonight for Family Night. We saw him at Bass Pro Shops. He was awesome and it was FREE... the picture too. AND they let me take pictures as well!!! Now that is what I'm talking about! Everyone was fine but Lucie was nervous.
It's understandable. We don't typically hand her to strange men and take pictures.
So naturally she freaked out!
Jake wanted to shoot the gun his way.
Lucie did however enjoy writing a letter to Santa. Too bad Jared helped her write that she wants a baby sister. I don't know where the heck that came from but I will make sure that Santa doesn't deliver! Jared is weird!
Cori wants a pink mermaid barbie.
Jason wants to go home.

We also got this in the mail today.
I'm so excited about this new tradition. Our Scout Elf's name is Frisbee. And he reports back to Santa every night while the kids are sleeping to tell him if we've been naughty or nice. It's a really cute book with this cute elf. I think Cori understands but we will see tomorrow.
We have been visited by half of our new Ward already. It is crackin' me up. We've had food, baked goodies, veggies from gardens delivered to our doorstep and we have only been in this house for like 2.5 days. I love it!

Now back to unpacking...

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

I heard about that book. I need to get it for our house. My children need to know they are being watched, and not by just me!

Elisa said...

Oh my gosh your house is GORGEOUS!!! congrats! Sounds like its been a crazy few weeks, glad it's over! Have a good time in NYC, I'm totally jealous!

Lisa said...

Our Elf's name is Elfie. This is our second year with Elfie and Jessi loves finding where he has come back to every morning.

Unknown said...

Congrats on surviving the drama and getting moved in. Enjoy your trip...you deserve to sleep through it!

Coordination Queen said...

Oh I need to find that book!

The Horners said...

I love that little Elf on a Shelf! I can't wait for Olivia to understand it! And I'm laughing that Jared helped Lucie with her letter to Santa - very cute - but yes he is crazy for asking for a little sister! haha!

I don't remember ever taking pics with Santa but I've seen the pictures and know that it was torture for me :)