Monday, November 30, 2009

Welcome Home

So sorry for the lack of posting. We finally got into our new home this last weekend.
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!
Once I unpack my head which was packed a couple of weeks ag0, I will post more pictures. Jared and I are headed to the NYC for business (Cindi for pleasure) on Thursday so for the sake of not falling too behind on this bloggity, here is what you may or may not have missed...

This is my son, the puppy. Heaven help me, it drives me nuts!


We were supposed to move 2 weeks ago so I packed everything up. I mean EVERYTHING but clothes. So we had to find ways to entertain my kids. Thank goodness for digital cameras!

Did I mention we ended up doing a house swap? Well If not, we ended up doing a house swap with the people we bought the house from. They needed to rent and our rental house felt right to them. So, remember how the house we were renting was furnished? Well the new family didn't need the furniture so they had it moved out 2 days before we were supposed to close on our new house. And of course at the end of moving out all that stuff, we found out that it was gonna take another week and a half for us to close! UGGGGHHH! What a mess and sooooo stressful! So we camped out in the rental with nothing, eating only take out and McDonalds. I hate processed food now!

How does one do a house swap? You move all your stuff in each others garages! Our vehicle of choice was the swamp buggy! The kids have had a blast finally having this thing back!

When the moving truck got to our house weeks ago... they moved everything into these pods that sat outside the rental for about a month. So lovely! The great thing about it was that once we were able to get into our new house, a truck came, picked them up and dropped them off at the new house. Then this past Saturday, 15 guys from our new and old Wards came and unloaded them for us.

Other things you have missed...
Hootie's first ponytail. Very exciting!


Trying to relax on no furniture.

More entertainment via digital camera...





eating on the counter.

Checking out Starfall.com. It came highly recommended from Facebook friends for my little reader.

We also had a wonderful Thanksgiving at the Old Country Buffet! Since we were in between homes, we had nothing to make or eat Thanksgiving with so we went out! I was not gonna attempt my first Thanksgiving dinner without the proper equipment!!! (good excuse ah?)

While Pa waited in a line to get a table (line was all the way out the door and then some), We waited in the car and listened to Christmas music.




Once we got our seat, I sat with the kids while Jared loaded up a couple of plates. The kids were getting antsy...




I know Buffet sounds gross for Thanksgiving but it was actually AWESOME!!! They had EVERYTHING possible and it was delicious! I would make it a tradition except I really missed having the leftovers!

There is nothing worse than spilling an entire icee down your shirt!

We hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving. We learned this year that it doesn't take a home, or good home cookin' to be thankful for what you have. (even though a deep fried southern turkey helps, a lot!) All you need is to have your loved ones close whether it be family of friends! We are so Thankful and very blessed.
I took Jared with me Crazy Lady Shopping on Black Friday this year. He actually enjoyed himself and thinks he could do it again. I guess now I can't call it Crazy Lady Shopping anymore. It was totally worth getting up at 3am to get screamin' deals on stuff for Christmas as well as for our new home. Too bad Black Friday was the Day we took over the new house. It made for a very long day that I am still trying to recover from. But it was so worth it!!!


***Va-Ness, I hope you are satisfied now! :)
No more bloggin 'till after NYC. I can't wait to be in the City during Christmas! So much to see. Hopefully I won't sleep thru the whole trip. But it is very tempting! I have a lot to do!!
Hugs from the desert!

14 comments:

The Horners said...

I was wondering where you ran off to! Cute pics! At least you had a place to go to for Thanksgiving dinner. I'm sure it was nice to have someone else cook your meal this year while you were dealing with the stress of your new home! It's a very pretty house! Have fun in NY!

The McDonalds said...

CUte house! The kiddies are adorable. Im so excited to see you guys!

About Us said...

Your new house is very pretty! I (still) just expect xeroscape, but am surprised at the greenery and trees. Hope you have a nice vacay!

Hello There! said...

Nice house! Is it in Mesa? We're looking buy a larger home and need to find a nice neighborhood. Have fun in NYC!!

jamie said...

Um, nice mansion. And I love that you guys went to a buffet for thanksgiving. Benefit of living close to family is I have yet to make a thanksgiving dinner. I'm not looking forward to the day when i have to.

Larsen's! said...

glad to see you've made it in...the house is beautiful - I'm jealous that you're in the dry cool desert. Have fun in NYC! Wish I was there with Lorren and your kids.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

YAY! Glad to see the move is progressing - can't wait to see the place. I know it has been frustrating with all the waiting...love my midgets!

Tiffany said...

I was worried you had given up on the blog. So glad to see you are back(sorta). The house looks super nice, can't wait to see more pictures. I'm glad you finally made it in. Have a fun trip, I would love to go to New York during the holidays!

Vanessa English said...

Your house is gorgeous, your kids are adorable, and I LOVE buffets. Mmmmmmmm. Love you!

The Holyoaks said...

Great posties. Love your new house!

Becki said...

Congrats, Cindi! Love the house and all the great pictures you take - the slushie one is a classic for sure!

Kaymee said...

Busy busy!! wow! I love the house(outside anyway :) NYC sounds like a blast!!!

Natalie Hall said...

I absolutely LOVE your house!!!!!!!! It's so amazing! I'm so thrilled for you guys. So sorry about the darn flood, what a pain!

Have a blast on your trip, and no I'm not jealous at all your going on an awesome trip....

Coordination Queen said...

That, was an impressive post. Beautiful new home, I'm excited to see pictures of the inside. Have fun in NY!