Cori was hilarious on her Birthday!
On our way to get her Birthday Donuts she said,
"Wow, Mom look! My feet have gotten so big!" (as if they grew 7 inches over night)
and "aw, Mom, my hands! They are so big!".
She also greeted everyone all day long with, "I'm 5 yrs old now".
And unfortunately, I did here her say a couple of times on the phone,
"so what did you buy me for my birthday?"
and my favorite of the day... when she saw her cake in the fridge after school she said,
"Mom, that's NOT the fancy cake with the fancy red flowers!"
I guess she went from a 4yr old to a mouthy pre-teen overnight along with her gigantic feet and hands! :)
Well, our hopes for a Fancy Nancy Party was squashed by our sudden need to go to FL to pack up the rest of our home. (I'm not complaining, I'm so grateful to have buyers for our house) It's no big deal, we were just gonna invite 4 friends over for a "Spectacular Soiree" (that's a fancy word for a party). While my mom was here she helped with all the party planning to make things stress free and Cori approved of everything. So I was reluctant to say anything about the party being skipped, I was hoping she'd forget and I would save everything 'till next year.
So instead of a party, on Cori's Birthday we decided to have a Fancy Dinner just like in one of the Fancy Nancy books. She dressed up and picked out all of our outfits and we were off to Red Robin to meet Pa for dinner (Danee and Rob were in town so they met us there too). You can imagine how awful I felt while we were driving to dinner and she kept asking me if Paige, Hallie, Ava and Pheobe were gonna be there? Is this like a surprise? and are they all gonna jump out? (I'm the worst mom ever!) Maybe I'll try to do something when we get back from FL. But I'm not promising anything. Maybe she will forget after she has a great visit with family in FL?
Anyways...
Cori did have a very wonderful day!
and despite a couple of comments, she was very gracious for everything.
She did enjoy all the attention she got at the restaurant.
and She really looked fancy!
We hope you had a Happy Birthday Cori!
You are the Happiest Girl we know!
We love you so much!!!
Hopefully Next year Mom will get it right! :)
5 comments:
Wow, you look so fancy in the outfit Cori picked out for you. We might copy this idea one day. Love it!
Ooh La La! You look "extrordinary" (that's a fancy word for really special!)
Cute! I noticed your 3 belts. hahaha! Happy Birthday Cori!!!!
Don't feel too bad about not having a Fancy Shmancy party. She will never remember it. What she will remember is that you never forgot her birthday, and that you are so fun in dressing up (especially when you are going to meet for dinner). You both are so cute and fun gals!
(just be glad that she didn't pick out a zillion bow clips for your hair...but you probably would have worn those because you are that cool) ; )
I am sure she had a good time.....and I didn't read and just saw your outfit and was like, Is she wearing multiple belts? Now I understand....too funny. And....about no party....I am sure she knows no difference.....we should have a playdate sometime, though....I am sure both girls would love it!
Post a Comment