Wednesday, October 21, 2009

CEL-E-BRATE Good Times... Come On

Today I am 28.
Birthdays are different now.
For me they are a time to reflect on the past.
Suffer through the coulda, shoulda, woulda's, and then be thankful for all that I have experienced through the years.

This last year I've questioned my age a lot! I just feel so different, physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually! It SUCKS! Hahaha! This getting old stuff is rough! I thought I was just going through a phase but I now realize that it's part of growing up and no one warned me about it! Can I change my mind? I just wish I could freeze time. Well maybe after Jason and Lucie are potty trained, then I'll freeze time. Sometimes I feel like I'm running out of time which is not a good feeling. There is just so much to do and so many things pulling me in different directions that I feel like I'm missing out on the small and important things that life has to offer. My goal this year, my 29th year, is to not sweat the small stuff and really focus on enjoying this time with my little family. I'm gonna "live in the now" and be happy doing it!
blah, blah, blah!

So now to the reflecting...

I used to be a baby... notice the chapped chin. I drooled, a lot. Still do.

I am 3yrs (?) in this pic. My sisters, as well as my Cori, wore this dress when they were 18 months old. Needless to say, I was a RUNT!

This is my Mom's favorite picture of me.

Me and Grandaddy on my Baptism Day. November '89

I went through an "I'm weird so I'll dress weird for attention" stage.
I even made my dress out of my dad's old ties.

Once upon a time I did pageants. It's a Southern Thang!
This was at my very first pageant. The Little Miss Bartlett Pageant in Memphis, TN.
I was 4th alternate (which was really good).
I didn't care that I didn't win, I just wanted to do it cause my BFF Lisa did them. (She was 1st Alternate and then won the next yr, still so proud)

I was a gymnast. Well technically, not really. I liked to start, then quit, then start, then quit, then start again, and then quit again. I was a "Gym Brat" (my mom was a coach and I ran a muck all over the gym)

I played Softball for a cool minute. I was the catcher and I was terrified of the ball. I would flinch and duck every time the ball came flying out of the pitching machine.

I played soccer. I was actually really good at this. I WAS fast. I emphasize WAS because I'm not anymore. In fact, even though Precious is 16 months old, I still run like I'm pregnant.

Of Course I danced. Now this I loved. And I was pretty darn good at it too.

One night while in HS. My girlfriends and I busted out these costumes (yes, Terri's too) and stretched them on our bodies, peed our pants and took pictures! It was hilarious!

I was a Castillero "Showstopper"! I tried out for every solo but never got one. It was tragic... still recovering...

and we all know that I was a cheerleader. For many, many years. Sometimes I miss it. But I don't think they have cheer squads for babies mommas.

I wonder if I can still do this...

and wish I could still do this. Partner stunting was so FUN.
This is me at my very first UCA Camp as an Instructor.

Today I will be Happy, Healthy and so Thankful for these people.
I like who I am because of them.
and I look forward to many years of celebrating with them.
Happy Birthday to me!

21 comments:

The Kilcreases said...

Happy 28th Cindi! May all your wishes and dreams come true.

Coordination Queen said...

Happy Birthday! And I thought I was the only one weird enough to make a dress out of my dad's old ties. It looked just like yours. ha!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Happy Bday, Punky...it was certainly a happy day for me when you were born. Hope you have a good day & a great time in Flo -rida this next week. Love you...

Kaymee said...

Happy Happy birthday to you!!!! I love the pics.

About Us said...

Happy Birthday! I love this post. I love looking at old photos. SO fun!

The Holyoaks said...

Happy Birthday!

Sabrina Scruton said...

Happy birthday ; )

Gina Deceuster said...

Happy Birthday, Cindi. Welcome to "old age." Sorry I didn't warn you, nobody warned me either!! I love all your pics - great post - and I hope your day is terrific!!

Wise Family said...

Happy Birthday Cindi! Hope your day is great!

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy B-Day, Cindi!

jamie said...

Happy birthday to you!!! I love all the old pictures!!
I can not believe how time flys.

Middleton said...

That was a fun post! Happy Birthday to my beautiful, super talented, wonderful and so many more great things sis in law! Love you! BTW - 28 never looked so good!

lisa said...

loved looking at these old pics! your so pretty.
thanks for the pageant bit.. you crack me up.
i remember your b-day party at the the gym! I could not participate b/c i refused to take off my high-top shoes, because I was too shy to ask anyone to help me tie them after I took them off! LOL
Happy Birthday!

C and Co. said...

Happy day to you on this fabulous day!!!

The Horners said...

I remember you and your silly friends. I was so mad they wore my costumes!

Hope you had a fun day! I love u!

Tiffany said...

Happy -late- birthday! Just wait for your 30th bday, it's worse. (I'm warning you now) And Lucie looks just like you in your first picture.

bkbills said...

Happy Birthday! I love the family picture! It turned out great and your baby pictures are adorable!

CorayFam said...

Happy Birthday cute mama! I loved this post and your family picture are DARLING!! SOOO CUTE!!

Elisa said...

i LOVE it! I was afraid of the ball too. And I started and stopped gymnastics for years! And the tie dress, that is great! Happy Birthday! (You're not old. You just have four busy kids and it pushes you hard. Hang in there, you have a great fam!)

Lauren said...

I love the tie dress! Good memories. That is so funny that you thought my blog post was an "announcement". I thought the same thing when I wrote the title but went with it anyway. Seriously I wouldn't mind such an announcement actually. I just held a newborn baby last night and it made me way baby hungry! Happy Birthday!

Vanessa Brown said...

Happy Bday Cindi!!