Monday, September 29, 2008

"Maine"ly a long post

The weekend of Sep 19-21, we were invited to Mr. John's Holiday home in Isleboro, Maine. It was fantastic, beautiful and exciting! It was my first time flying in the 707 and all I have to say is, "Mr. John can I borrow your plane at Christmas time?" It is WAY more comfortable with 4 kids than a commercial flight! All I want for Christmas is... your 707! We were a little early for the colors of fall but the weather was nice and cool like the season of Autumn should be! Jared and I celebrated our 6 year Wedding anniversary while there and we got to go sailing on Mr. John's new sailboat. The kids had way too much fun! and so did Jared and I! We were not ready to leave and hope that we can go back soon!
The Homestead
as you can see, the house is so HUGE that it doesn't fit in my frame!!! and the entire 3rd story is the playroom!







The infamous playroom.
We got to the house at 11 pm Friday night and someone took the kids straight to the playroom! I couldn't get them out of there and to bed until 1 am.
Pick'n flowers

pick'n blueberries


pick'n wild apples

I still don't have a picture of me and Mr.John because homeboy here always tells me not to ask him but then he'll ask me to take his picture with him. Does this make any since?

a couple of dingbats on a dingy


The new sailboat. I asked why they didn't have the sails up for us. The capt'n told me that if the sails were up then the boat would be moving. And I thought in my head, why did I ask that question out loud? I'm smarter than I speak.



I literally have a hundred more photos but I'm tired of uploading them. I'm sure you get the picture...it was a fabulous weekend!
This is where Mr. John and Mrs. Kelly spend Christmas. He says it is much more beautiful in the snow and when it is decked out with Christmas Decor. I told him I didn't believe him and invited myself back there for Christmas where I'm hoping he will give me his 707!

9 comments:

About Us said...

You sure are a funny gal!

English Family said...

Wow...the life of a celebrity...nice to have connections...I'll be praying you get the plane Christmas...flying with 2 was hard enough!
April

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Someday I'm going to New England to see the Fall Colors...maybe we'll swing by JT's while we're at it...afterall, Dad HAS been on his 707...technically, so has Tizzle!

The Horners said...

Oooo that's nice! It looks so pretty there and CHILLY, makes me cringe, I'm not ready for winter! What a cute family!

Coordination Queen said...

That looks like such a fun trip. It looks beautiful up there.

Vanessa Brown said...

oh isn't Maine the best state in the country :) we want to settle there someday. by the way i wouldnt want to leave that playroom either!

kelly ferg said...

I have got to get some better friends!!! When you get the 707 for Christmas promise you'll send it out for us to come visit you. Looks like you had a GREAT weekend. You are very lucky to have such great friends. I would still love to know how you got to be good friends with Mr. John. Glad you got to celebrate your anniversary in such a beautiful place.

Anonymous said...

I am jealous every time that hear about you guys hanging out with John Travolta. It is so incredibly awesome!!!

I love being able to keep up with my blog. My mom is also wondering if she can get invited to read your blog. Her email is idohair4u@sbcglobal.net

Glad to see you guys are doing great!

-Andrea

Wageman said...

You tell Mr. John that we will be happy to entertain and include him in family festivites for Christmas. I know that sounds like so much fun, and could be great motivation for getting you on that 707...we will gladly extend our FAMILY welcome! :-)