Saturday, February 16, 2008

I still smell like a Campfire!

So we took Jake and Cori camping last night and they loved it. Jared had to go on a Scout campout so we tagged along. We left Jason with Grammie and Poppie for the night. With Jason not walking yet we thought he was a little too young.
Now when I say camping don't compare it to Yosemite, Tahoe or camping in between the Grand Canyon because it definatly wasn't either place. Being 15min from home, we could still hear the hussle and bussle of good ole Ocala. Police cars, helicopters, traffic etc. Not exactly what I'm used to but it was a good place to start. They had so much fun!
The tent was their favorite part and then the fire. We are going to do this more often. I love to camp and haven't been since the week after I graduated High School. It's been too long. I can't wait till the kids are older and we can take them to a real campsite in Tahoe or Yosemite. It will be so fun!

Helping set up camp

Making sure our beds for the evening work

Playing in the tent

Making a fire

Being a little too brave ( not as afraid of the fire as he was a G'Pa's house)

Checkin' out nature

Roasting a marshmellow on both ends of the scewer. (it works better that way)

Getting ready for bed, I mean "No, more monkeys jumping on the bed!" They jumped on the airmatress for about an hour before they laid down and went to sleep. It was so funny listening to them giggle for an hour.

Good morning! I need more beauty sleep obviously but Jake looks great! They slept all night long! We were very impressed. Jared and I were awakened a couple times by the traffic and helicopter search but for the most part we slept good too.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

How fun! We go camping at least once a year. We'd go more but all my family has trailers and we don't, and we don't love the tent. But we love camping, and just being in the mountains!!

The Holyoaks said...

That looks so fun. And I have that gray and white shirt. Copy-cat.

Coordination Queen said...

That's awesome. I want to take the kids camping so bad!

Rebecca said...

How cute! I can't wait until our family is old enough to go camping!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

So did you teach the kids to sing "black socks?" :) Good times!

Middleton said...

Did you ever think I would be camping more often than you. Although I still don't get why everyone loves it so much the fact is my kids do and so I will probably continue the wonderful habbit. Kyle was sweet enough to introduce me to it while pregnant and nursing. It can't get any worse, i think.

Looks like you all had fun... cute pictures.

Dacia said...

Does anyone else think it is crazy you are camping in February?!? We need to move!!! We love you and look forward to summer when we can have some of the same experiences:)