Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ward Christmas Party

Yeah it's over! This activity was on the 14th but I wanted to report on what a nice activity it turned out to be. Many Thanks to Julie and D'on for stepping in and picking up my slack as I visited the "Loony Bin" (as my sister and Cori call it) several times! They were great and helped me when things became too much.

Poppie just got called into the Bishopric the Sunday before the activity and since he is now the Bishopric member over the Activities, I had no problem giving him a list of his responsibilities for the activity. :) He did a great job and I look forward to being able to work with him in his new calling.

We had a wonderful and tasty dinner thanks to a very generous sister in our Ward who love to cater as a hobby. Yes, hobby! I wish I could say that that all went with out any problems but with that sister going into the hospital the day before the activity, I was in a Panic!!! But her Son and Daughter who are not active members, stepped up and delivered a great meal.


We were able to put together (in a months time) the program Greater Than Us All by Kenneth Cope. We have some very talented people in our Ward and it turned out so lovely. I got to participate in the Choir and sing "His Hands" with Julie. The only thing that would have made it better is if Cori hadn't come up on the stand twice during the performance to sit by me. I was so mad at Jared until I learned after the program that Jared spent the entire time in the Nursery room with 10 kids so other adults could enjoy the program. Anyways, It is a great program with Beautiful music. If you don't have the CD get it. It is a wonderful tribute to the Savior and what a better way to Celebrate his life this Christmas.

Last but not least Santa surprised us at the end! He was great and it was a great way to end the evening. Cori loved him so much she tried to sit on his lap 15+ times!!! Jake, wanted nothing to do with him! He wanted to admire him from far. I barley stretched his arm long enough to grab a candy cane from him. It was pretty funny.


Jared was lots of help as always. I know he doesn't love how much time I end up putting into these activities but he is learning not to complain and just help. Thanks Jared, your the best!


This is the 3rd year in a row that I have been in charge of the Ward/RS Christmas Party and after this year, I'm ready to let some one else take a turn! Hope you are enjoying your Holiday!

3 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

I love Cope's album, "Greater Than Us All"- it is one of my favorites! Such a beautiful testimony of our Savior. Glad the party went well, you look beautiful (as always!).

Kaymee said...

Sounds great!!! You are such a busy lady!!

Tiffany said...

From the sounds of it, you always do a great job! Do you ever go crazy with all your activities, 3 kids and 1 on the way...seriously?! I wish I could be as ambitious as you!