Right before Jared and I left for UT we were invited to go to Lake Powell the following weekend for 3 days. Normally we wouldn't have ditched our kids 2 weekends in a row however, Jared and I have never been to Lake Powell and have been dying to go! We just couldn't turn down this invite! So glad we went. I'm now a Lake Powell fan! So so FUN!!!
Here is our friends trusty vessel, "Makes Me Shutter".
We slept up top under the stars. So beautiful! I slept so good up there. Reminded me of the Grand Canyon trip I took almost 20 yrs ago. (crap, I really hate that I can say that now)

I just look the red rock. The color, the shapes, the shades. There are so many beautiful places in this world that prove to me that there is a Creator who put in thought and detail when creating this beautiful world we live in.
We did lots of Paddle boarding. (DAD, you HAVE to get some of these for the river! So fun!)
We did some cliff jumping...
It took me FOREVER to jump off this. I finally had to scoot back a few feet a take a run for it! I'm a nerdy chicken.
Of course, they had every boat toy imaginable for us to play on the Lake.
We have some great friends!
My favorite part was the hike. It was just fun and silly. I may have peed on my Husband while he tried hoisting me up. I just can't help it, 4 kids in 3 1/2 yrs gives you problems in that department. No Shame McGrath! Needless to say, this hike was an adventure.
The group at the top minus Ben who stayed with the boat.
My sunburn plus my cover up equals Big Lobster!
Our FABULOUS hosts, Greg & Jacque
Pam and Ryan
Karen and Kyle
Wendy and Tom
And I'm not sure why I didn't get a pic of Emily and Ben... Oh yeah, Ben stayed with the Boat.
Well, the guys found an "easier way to get back to our boat...
Us girls were a little unsure. The boys not so much.
I found away to scoot down a few feet so it wasn't so high. But I did a pretty cool trick as I jumped in the water!
When you know how to use a grill, you get asked a lot to man the grill.
Jared's a pro!
And it wouldn't be a Lake Powell trip with out a self portrait in the bathroom mirror like a teenager!
I'm so glad we decided to go! It was totally worth it to spend time in a beautiful place with some awesome friends!
To any listening, we would Love any invites to Lake Powell!! Haha!





























4 comments:
I've always wanted to go there. Maybe next year! Such a pretty place.
I remember you always trying to talk Dad into renting a houseboat on Lake Powell for our summer vacay...looks like we really missed out on some fun! Glad you have some great friends to play with. :)
You are a good blogger! I need to ask- what canon camera do you have? Do you like it? Wish you had something else? I'm prob getting an slr for Xmas so I can stop documenting my entire life on my iPhone!
I've never been there either! Looks like you guys were livin' it up. Someday maybe we can go to...
Post a Comment