Thursday, December 1, 2011

30 years ago I was a baby

Ugh!!! D-day has arrived!
On October 21, 2011, I turned 30 flippin years old!
Its just plain old weird!

this is me on my last night in my 20ies...

and late that night I got a text that something was left on my door.
I went to the door and found this lovely bit of sweetness!
I have the best friends ever!
I took it, my snuggie and ipad into the backyard, snuggled up on the outdoor sofa and cried a little. Hahaha. and fell asleep out there until the wee hours of the morning.

On my Special day, I went to brunch with my girlfriends. It was so sweet of them to come. I had every intention of snagging a picture but somehow it just didn't happen.

Then that afternoon, Jared and I went to VEGAS with our Friends Alisa & Spencer!
I know, I know, what in the world does this Non-drinking Mormon Girl do in Vegas?
I wasn't sure yet but I new that I was in good company!

We got stuck on the Hoover Dam for about an hour. Awesome pants! I was too scared but the other 3 got out and hopped the fence to get a good look. I don't do heights, and I don't do bridges. So I kinds hyperventilated most of the time while on that blasted bridge!


When we finally got there we had just enough time to change, grab a bite to eat and head over to see the Beatles Cirque Show called LOVE! It was so awesome! Especially if you know the Beatles songs!

The next day we did a whole lot of nothing. Cruisin the city, shopping, cab riding Hung out in a buffet talking for several hours. The Vegas Strip is most definitely not something that should ever be seen in the light of day! GROOOOOOODY!

That night Jared had to go to a Convention thingy for work for a few hours so Lucky for Spencer, He got to hang out with us goofy girls. He was THRILLED! (that is major sarcasm)


After Jared was done he met us in time to see Mystere a more Traditional Cirque show. It too was fabulous!
Then Alisa and I got a little slap happy. We are special friends!

Seriously love these friends of ours.

So back while Jared was at the convention the real reason Spencer was "loving" us was because we were trying to take 30 pictures with strangers. I would walk up to someone and say "hey can you take our picture" and when they said sure, I would hand my phone to Alisa and pose with the stranger. It was so stupid but sooo funny at the time. I didn't quit make it to 30 pics but I'm pretty sure I got 30 strangers.



























I had so much fun with Jared and our friends. It was fun light hearted and helped this 30 business just get here and get settled. 30's not so bad after all!

8 comments:

The Horners said...

Love all these posts. You are such a funny nerd.

"30 years ago I was a baby."

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Love your 30 strangers! Happy Bday...I was there 30 years ago when you were a baby. It was a great day.

jamie said...

Cindi you are hilarious.

Bassetts said...

Ellen, I think you're hilarious! You look gorgeous in that first pic! I don't know if I could ever take pics with 30 strangers. Go girl!

love, lowry said...

haha, so fun! You're my favorite 30 year old!

Vanessa said...

um. when i am 30 can i be as awesome as you? only have a year and half to work on it! seriously, you are so awesome.

Gpa Paul said...

Ok, a bit bizarre but we all gotta do what we all gotta do to get through that barrier. Turnin 60 in a couple years. Maybe I'll have to try it viva las vegas

Lauren said...

Those pictures are hilarious. Happy Belated Birthday!