This week has been a doosy! Everyone in the house has been tired and overly emotional and when the person in charge is emotionally unstable and sick, you're bound to have problems. So we will skip the knitty gritty and get to the point. While I was yelling at the kids this morning trying to feed, dress and usher kids to the car all at the same time so we would only be 25 minutes late for church instead of 30 minutes late, Cori looks up at me and says,
"Mom you look so shiny and beautiful today".
I instantly stopped said "Thank You" and thought, wow I really do love my job. It's so funny how one little thing your child says can totally change your entire attitude in a matter of seconds. This is something that I am grateful for today. As I reflect back on my doosy of a week I am reminded of the little things that my children have done or said that have brought a smile to my face.
The first morning this week that I woke up sick, Cori picked out Lucie's clothes and dressed her for me so I didn't have to get up off the couch. and then she went and got my camera so I could snap a picture of how pretty she looked.
Then I was able to snap this shot of my beautiful little girls. They are both just so special and I pray that they will grow up as friends. Sisters are the BEST kind of friends!
Jason is just so cute! I know that one of these days I will have to stop calling him cute but when I look at him I think those words in my head "he is SO cute"! I am loving his fro right now. It makes his head look that much bigger and once again so cute!
This afternoon Cori said " Can you take a picture of me about my toes point?" She is very proud of how well she can point her toes. And I was very impressed as well. So her are the pics.
Then she wanted to do a straddle. again I was impressed.
So then I said, "ok show me something else" and this is what I got...
as well as this...
I'm in love with the idea that when Cori and Jake put on a belt all the sudden they become pirates. It just cracks me up that they associate belts with being pirates. So now every time I put on a belt I say "arrrrrrrr" and giggle to myself. And here is my favorite face of Jakes. It's his embarrassed face. I just love it!
While watching The Polar Express (yes we watch the POL EX all year round) I laughed when all of a sudden The kids in the back of the car burst out in Celebration. I hear Cori clap her hands and yell, "Good job Santa... you did it...woohoo... go Santa Claus... WooHoo" after Santa Gives the first gift of Christmas.
How did I get to be so lucky? Seriously, I live in utter chaos and it makes me so happy! It's no secret that some of my children were surprises, and I am just so thankful that my Heavenly Father knew that I needed these children. I am so thankful that He sent them to me and trusts me to teach them all that they need to know in this life. To know that He has Faith in me makes it impossible for me not to have Faith in Him.
My children are special. I am happy. Life is good.
7 comments:
I am so happy for you and your cute family! I am planning on coming up after your folks leave to help ya out, let me know what days work best for you. Happy anniversary and NICE POINT CORI!!!!
so sweet!
She definately has her G'ma's point! Nice feet Coco! Love Jakey's pirate outfit, but please don't let him outside in that one! Jason has Daddy-Jeff's fro & Hootie is just stylin' in the outfit Coco picked out for her...I must say I'm grateful to be the G'ma!
Well said. You just coined my new favorite phrase and I'm putting it on my blog. I love you Cindi.
"To know that He has Faith in me makes it impossible for me not to have Faith in Him."
That is so cool. I'm going to make that into a magnet for my fridge. When did you become such a 'sayer of smart things?' I'll just call you Socrates!
love these babies
Jake ans Aiden would get along fabulously! Wooden spoons as swords and pirates wearing only underwear... love it!
Post a Comment