Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hello, my name is Cindi, and I'm a Shopaholic!

If you haven't seen Confessions of a Shopaholic yet, you are missing out!



I was invited via RS email to participate in a Girls Night Out to the Movies. I forgot to get phone numbers at church on Sunday but wanted to participate and put myself out there. Hoping to meet new people, I decided to go. I was hoping to recognize a few faces from church at the movies but once I got there the theatre was a ghost town. So I told my self just buy a ticket, when you go inside there will be faces that are familiar. So, I bought my ticket, went into the theatre and... didn't recognize anyone and of course, no one recognized me either. So for a split second I thought, just return the ticket and go home. But then the previews started so I just sat down by myself, and yes, I watched the whole movie by myself. Don't fret, I totally enjoyed myself! It's been a long time since I saw a movie by myself and let me tell ya, it was hilarious!!!! It was indeed a Girl's Night Out-minus another Girl to converse with, but a much needed reward and break for me. It was fun and TOTALLY ok to go see a movie by yourself!

For those of you who are facebook-ers, my sincere apologies for posting this here too. I know it's lengthy but this bloggity is also a journal for me so I thought it was appropriate. So here are my 25 useless facts about me.

I've been tagged a bagillion times and have enjoyed learning more about all of you. It took me a week to figure out how to make a note! I learned a lot about people that I thought I really new. So Learn away...

1. When I watch So you think you can dance, I actually think I can win it! Never mind that I haven't danced in 8 years, am married, have birthed 4 kids and my body doesn't move as gracefully as I would like it... anything is possible right? But I really think that I can win it! I'm that good! (same thing when I watch American Idol, and Olympic Gymnastics) HAHAHAHA!

2. I still fear death. I have very strong beliefs on the afterlife and I know that it will be wonderful to see those loved ones who have passed before me as well as my Savior. However it scares me to not be alive. Maybe its the whole judgement thing. I'm not perfect yet, and you only get this one chance to strive for perfection. I want to make sure that when I die, I go to heaven. I'm just not ready yet.

3. I am alergic to all hair. Yes, I've had a dog, yes if there is an animal around I can't help myself to pet it and yes I cut hair for a living but it burns my eyes, gives me hives and makes me itch!

4. I planned 2 of my 4 children but am very thankful that God sent them to me as quickly as he did! Do I love the fact that I was pregnant for 3 years straight...NO, but I love each one of my children so much and know that I needed all of them just the way they are and came! I've learned a lot about myself through my children.

5. My friends have always been important to me. I wish I would have been better at keeping in touch with everyone and feel that because I haven't I have missed out. But I do what I can and those that really know me understand.

6. I was a big fat cheerleader for most of my childhood. (and I was good at it) I even had my childhood dream come true after HS when I worked for UCA. It wasn't all that I dreamed it would be. Even though I loved cheering, I am hoping that my girls don't want to do it.

7. I feel 10 years older than I am. Having 4 babies in 3.5 years will do that to you. My body aches, and I will spare you the other details. You'll find out after a couple of kids. :)

8. I am a craft-aholic. Which makes me so excited I moved to Mesa, AZ the land of opportunity when it comes to crafts! I love all things creative and arts-y (as well as making up words). I have always known how to sew but always made it up as I went. A couple of years ago my girlfriend taught me how to use a pattern and it opened up a new world of sewing and I can't get enough of it. I love to make things for people and love when people are surprised that I made it. It makes me feel good.

9. I thought of elementary school, middle school and High school as a social event. It was strictly to hang out with my friends. Now that I am almost a grown up I realize how stupid it was for me to not take my education seriously. I did just enough to get by and because of it missed out on the college experience. I would have loved living in dorms and doing the whole college thing!

10. If I could relive my childhood again I would. I was very happy. I had a lot of struggles growing up but it has made me who I am today. I do not wish to change anything but to add to it. (see 5 & 9 & 20) I would however tried harder to be more compassionate for others and set a better example.

11. I didn't realize how nieve I was until I got married. Thanks Jared for opening my eyes to the world around me. Thanks Mom and Dad for allowing me to grow up in my Bubble! :)

12. I consider myself to be a very religious and spiritual person. I have an unwavering Faith in God and his son Jesus Christ and am so thankful to have them in my life. I love to go to church and I love to serve in callings/responsibilities at church. I believe that it is possible to respect other people for their beliefs even if I don't agree with them. I also recognize that I have flaws just like everyone else. Which makes me that much more thankful for the atonement of Jesus Christ.

13. I have developed a slight case of OCD a side affect from pregnancy I'm sure. I like the dishwasher to be loaded a certain way and if it is not then I will rearrange it to the way I like it to be. I do not, I repeat, I do not like my children to run around town like raggle muffins! Everyone has to be wearing clean clothes that match and hair combed, and girls with bows. It's the rules, I'm just trying to follow them. I realize that for every wrong there is a right and vise versa so that's why I let my children run around our house naked, maybe underwear or diaper and I've tried really hard to let Cori dress her self even if it makes my skin crawl that she does not match. I'm controlling and I'm trying to get over it! I am on a slippery slope to "Stage Mother"-ism. It's scary! PS-I do not trust my husband to pick out our children's clothes. (I am sick!)

14. I was not a nice sister growing up and regret it tremendously. I would do anything now to live on the same street as my siblings and it makes me sad that I took that short time I had with my brothers and sisters for granted. They are some of the most amazing people around and I miss them terribly!

15. I am so excited to be in a new place, strangely enough I am one that loves to have deep bedded roots. Which will be interesting considering we know 1.5 families in the entire state of AZ. What an adventure this will be.

16. I am excited that when my youngest is 18 years old, I will only be 45! The perks of having your children young. My Husband and I will be young enough to enjoy life and future grandchildren!

17. I would be lost without my husband. Literally out wandering in the streets! He keeps me focused and in the right direction. He takes care of me and I am so grateful for all he does.

18. I need a raise! I am over worked and under payed! (the draw backs of being a stay at home mom)

19. I would love to be an interior decorator or party planner. I enjoy both tremendously. It goes along with my need to express myself creatively.

20. I went to Cosmetology school and loved it. Met some of my bestest friends there. I would still love to go to college. and plan too when my kids are in school.

21. I was a Castillero Showstopper in middle school, a singing and dancing group. I tried out for every solo available and never got one.

22. The first country song I ever knew was Friends in Low places by Garth Brooks. My cousin Kristi taught it to me. Last month I was at a "secret location" and happen to be eating dinner at the same table as Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood. The entire time I was singing friends in low places and thinking of my cousin Kristi in my head while I sat there and stared at him! I never said anything but Trisha thought I was creepy. They were both soooo nice and dispite how there relationship happened, Garth was such a gentleman! and I'm still a fan, "cause I got friends in lower places ..."

23. In 8th grade my sister Jill and I were into coloring our hair with out parental consent. Red was in so we both bought a box of haircolor at walgreens. Jill's was a pretty goldren red and mine was more of a subtle auburn. HA! The black in the auburn took to my hair like glue and the red washed out by the next shower. My hair was so black it was blue and impossible to get out. I spent 8th grade looking like a grungy goth! ( I am so embarrassed still! I have never shown my 8th grade picture to my husband and if any of you ever do, I will cut you) It was ugly with a capital "UG"! And everyone used to tell me how pretty I was which makes me believe my entire 8th grade class were liars!

24. I have always taken pride in my parents. For me I know they were everything I needed them to be and still are.

25. This took me all day to think of 25 things so I really hope you all read it and enjoyed it cause I should have been doing other things like unpacking boxes, cleaning a house and stopping my children from opening a can of whoop a__ on eachother!

My apologies for my grammer and spelling and randomness!

10 comments:

Aimee said...

I LOVED it Cindi! I am so sorry that I missed saying goodbye to you! After reading this I realize I have some very surprising things in common with you: seeing movies alone, fearing death, wishing I could relive childhood, go to college, and I have OCD about how the dishwasher is loaded. I still have to make myself not "rinse" (wash) the dishes first. My Dad is OCD, I get it from him. Miss you...

Coordination Queen said...

Shoot, I guess I have a touch of ocd too then. I try so hard to leave it when Jake does the dishes for me... I have gotten better though. I'll have to try seeing a movie by myself. I watch them at home all the time by myself... it keeps my mind occupied while folding and ironing clothes.

The Holyoaks said...

Love it. I have yet to tackle the 25 random things. I feel like it would just rustle up too many undesired memories. Maybe you could write mine for me. :)

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

You are hillarious! (And I love you!)

The Kilcreases said...

After 5 years I didnt know hardly anything about you. Thanks for sharing. miss you guys

Tiffany said...

I loved reading all of these things about you!! I'm proud to say I even knew some of them already. (I must be one of those bestest friends from hair school!:)

and I have no idea what song you are talking about. my playlist shows up correct and all the songs are the right ones.

C and Co. said...

Okay, I am so sad no one showed up to the movies. Although, I must say, I went to "The 'Burbs" (you may be too young to know that movie--waaaaa!) by myself and laughed loud and proud with no one watching me or intimidating me. It was great. However, next time you find yourself alone at a RS thing, give me a call. If I can, I'll come and laugh with you.

Linda and Rex said...

I feel blessed to know you and enjoyed the 25 things about you. I think you are pretty special and a very amazing lady.

karen garner said...

What an adorable post. I feel so lucky to have learned about this part of you.
WE MISS YOU ALL (your 4 kids are sure precious and beautiful)

Wageman said...

k. just correcting one of your grammars!
it's Ragg'n muffin (like rag's)! But it's actually cuter as raggle!
(dont know if u meant it that way)
And, I want some GARTH BROOKS credit!
but again loved it, and think we might be the same exact person! If not related (oh wait....:-))