Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Friday the 13th and the day before and after

Kristin gave us a little going away party the night before we left. It was so nice to say good bye but very hard to have to do it with out Jared. It was sad and emotional. I really enjoyed our time in Ocala and will miss the people there so much!


Cori and poppie went on a "great date" before the party. He they stopped to get the kids donuts.


Friday the 13th...
I sent Cori and Jake to school for the last time. They both had Valentines day Parties so when I picked them up, they were overflowing with candy and drunk with sugar! Yeah! That should be a great combination for an airplane and seat belts!

After I picked them up I rushed home and finished packing our bags, car, said goodbye to the perfect house where I brought 3 of my babies home to, and off to the airport we went. We stopped and said goodbye one last time to Nana, Papa and Poppie. It was hard to say goodbye to them! Luckily we live in a day in age when we can hop on a plane and visit. I know it's not the same but it will do. Grammie drove with us to the airport, helped me unload my 8 bags and 4 children and escorted me through security and made sure we got safely on the plane. Once we got settled on the plane we sad a quick goodbye (not the type of goodbye she deserved) then she hopped off and we were up in the air. Because of head winds, It took an hour longer than I was prepared for. 4 hours and 50 minutes later we were Arizonians. The kids did AWESOME! Lucie took a quick nap but other than that, no one slept but everyone was happy and entertained! It was a Christmas miracle! (??? It just seemed appropriate) The flight attendants were so helpful and everyone around me was so helpful and in awe of how well behaved my children were. I had to double check and make sure I had brought the right children! It was a breeze. I walked off the airplane by myself pushing 4 happy kids on my gigantic stroller, lugging a backpack and very heavy diaper bag, a car seat, and I felt invincible!  I did it! What a great feeling!

Us waiting for the plane


I hide to hide Lucie from the boys while she took her nap on the plane.


I was so proud of Cori who sat by herself across the isle from me. She was soooo good! 


The house we are in is wonderful. I love it already. We went to the Temple and walked the grounds. It was beautiful and I was very emotional. As hard as it was, I always felt like this move was what we were supposed to do but walking the grounds of the temple I felt confirmation that we made the right decision. It was special, peaceful and I hope I never forget how happy I was standing on the grounds of the Mesa Arizona Temple.




Our Ward at Church was great and we look forward to getting to know everyone. We are down the street from our church building and the entire ward is in a 3/4 mile radius. I've located the  necessities (Target, Walmart, JoAnnes, the ribbon store, donut shop etc). We are also right down the street from a park. Both Cori and Jason busted there faces open at 2 different parks, I got to eat at Cafe Rio, and my computer finally got here! Life is good!

14 comments:

Rochelle said...

Wow. Brings back memories for me packing for for temporary six months and leaving everything in a different state! Crazy isn't it? It is so great to have the church wherever you go you can have that support, friendship, and spirit. I'm glad your ward is a good one!

Middleton said...

I can't even imagine doing the flight with all the little ones and no hubby... you are amazing!

The Holyoaks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Hurray for new adventures, temples close by, & Cafe Rio!!!

Bassetts said...

I'm so glad you made it safely. And I'm definitely impressed that your kids didn't go bonkers on the plane. Super Mom!

Bassetts said...

Packing for 6 months? You guys could totally do APX :)

Brett said...

Glad you made it in safely and glad you're getting your bearings.

I just found out I'm going on a business trip to Orlando in a few weeks, just missed you guys. But my AZ trip is still on, though pushed back to May... I swear I'm not following you. ;-)

Coordination Queen said...

I'm so glad that the trip went well. I can't imagine doing it with my 2... you are officially my hero!

Comarsh Crew said...

Hi Cindi - saw your blog from your parents blog, hope you don't mind... I'm glad things went well for you while you moved. I'm sure your sad to leave Ocala, but at least your closer to your parents & most of your family right? That must of been so nice to visit the Mesa Temple & to have a temple so close to you.

The Mansfields said...

Congratulations McGrath family! I'm excited to hear you're liking Arizona and feeling good. My friend lived in Mesa for years and said it was wonderful (he was depressed when he moved to Utah).

p.s. Love the cougar outfits! I'm not necessarily a Y die-hard but I can appreciate someone from FL rooting for the Y!! =)

The Kilcreases said...

We miss you already! Post some pics of your house...we'd love to see it.

Lisa Newman said...

Good luck in Arizona!! I'm sure you're going to love it. Post pictures of the area when you get a chance. I've never been to AZ before, but I've always heard great things about it! And now that you've made it past the plane ride with 4 kids, you're home free!

Kaymee said...

YOU are awesome!! THe plane ride alone would have stressed me out!! Also, I was born in Mesa- so it's a pretty cool place :) I'm glad you love your home and everything!! That is a hard move, but tons easier when you are excited about it and know its right!!

Gina Deceuster said...

Now that's an adventure if I've ever heard one! You sound so happy in your post...I'm so glad everything feels so right!!