Not sure where to begin with this one. I have keys just like any other adult I know. On them are a key to my house, car, car remote, Jareds fancy key/remote, a key to my in laws, to my mailbox, gym pass, beauty store card, carabiner (sp?) etc. On Thursday afternoon, Jared took Cori and Jake to the Disney Water park so I could get a couple of things done for Cori's upcoming "precious pink party" (I know that phrase is overdone and becoming annoying, TRUST ME, I know!). So, he leaves and I take Jason and Lucie to the store, come home place my things on the counter and begin baking my baked goods. Several hours later I realize I did not get this or that while at the store so I start to head out the door. But, where are my Keys? They are not here on the counter where I left them. Maybe I left them in my car, my purse, my pocket? No, I can't find them ANYWHERE! I spent the next 2 hours looking in every room, under every bed, dresser, couch, table piano we own. I opened every drawer, cupboard, door I could find. I emptied my purse 6 times. I looked in every toilet and trash can and could not find them any where! I began to ask Jason, "where are Mommy's keys?" Since he refuses to speak I get a grunt. I am progressively getting more and more agitated so I start looking for my spare key. Can not find them either, so I call Jared to ask him where they were and he said he has them on his keys which are with him in Orlando. So I am even more mad, hang up with him and begin my search again looking everywhere several more times. My Girlfriend Julie comes over and I make her come in and help me find them. She begins to ask me if I looked here and there and each reply is yes with how many times I looked in the spot she was asking about. Need less to say, they were lost and I JUST KNEW!!!! Jason knew where they were! Jared then comes home hours later we are both frustrated because he took half the kids away for the afternoon so I could get some things done and most of them didn't get done because I couldn't find my stinkin' keys!
The next morning I wake up get the kids ready for school, feed them breakfast and begin to do the dishes. I quickly notice that my sink is collecting water so I flip on the disposal to hear this CRAZY clanking sound like metal hitting metal and then I realized, That my cute a small little stinker has shoved my flippin keys down the disposal!!! Let me remind you that I have 2 remotes on them and my sink was filled with water and other nasty-ness that goes down in the disposal! AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! Excuse the nasty-ness you are about to see!



Luckily I got them out in time to save them from being cut up and sent to the septic tank. They were nicked up pretty bad but they still work and same with the remotes. The do however smell of fish which we had for both dinner the night before and breakfast that morning! (GROSS) I have since removed my bar stools out into the garage!
6 comments:
Oh, wow! That's an experience you'll not forget for a long time. You have to admit, though, the whole Jared having the extra keys with him is ironically very funny.
That was so funny... I wish I wrote down all those types of moments I have had in my 9 years as a mom. I thought it was going to end with him finally telling you where the keys were... but your ending was better (funnier). Sorry for your long not so fun day although it did give me a good giggle!
ew.. you are lucky the remotes still work! I thought it was going to end with the keys in the ignition still. it's possible. afterall, you are losing your mind.
So sorry but that was totally funny! The joys of motherhood. My kids used to suck on the remotes and when we lived in Idaho we would just leave the keys in the cars overnight and I would go out the next day and it would all be locked up tighter than a drum. That would be my ARRRRRGGG time! Thanks for sharing.
That reminds me of an incident where we couldn't find our cell phones (we were apartment living at the time). So, we checked everywhere and called them, but couldn't find them. My hubby had taken the trash out to the dumpster. Luckily the trash was pretty full and our trash was on top. I called them and he heard the ringing from the dumpster. These times are so frustrating, but at least we can laugh about them...later.
Jason...you're a mischievious little guy...I can see it written all over your face when you grin!
Post a Comment