Monday, October 20, 2008

Let the festivities begin...

Cori is 4!!!! She has finally had her birthday! The poor girl has 3 siblings who have birthdays in April, May and June and she has to wait months before hers. So since we had birthday party's every month for 3 month (none of which were hers) you can only imagine how devastating this can be to a 3 year old. She has LITERALLY asked me every day (with out fail) for 6 months if it is her birthday yet! So we were ALL relieved when Sunday rolled around and since she is in school now, we got to celebrate her birthday starting on Friday. (Yes 3 days of Birthday)

Friday-The School party

Rice Crispy Treats and Smoothies for the Teachers

Picking a surprise from the Birthday Box


Mrs.Ceretha


This is the only Happy Birthday singing we got on tape. The camera didn't record it during her party on Saturday but her reaction was way better when we sang to her at school!

Saturday- The Birthday Party


The Invitation


The Birthday Girl

Making a Princess Crown

I made this cake at Sam's



Precious Pink Bike

Busting open the Pinata with their bare hands!

Precious Pink Skates

Precious Pink Princess, wearing her precious pink skates on her precious pink bike!

Sunday- The actual Birthday
The Sabbath day, a day of rest... Which consisted of Stake Conference, The park, and hangin' at Grammie and Poppie's. No pictures were taken. We were recovering from too much sugar and toys!


She really got every thing she could have dreamed of so she was one happy girl! Thanks to everyone for making this such a special day for her! and yes, everything was precious and pink so hopefully we can put that term to rest!!!


And yes today she asked me if it was her party again. Seriously? What am I gonna do for an entire year of "Is it my Birthday yet?" Please help me!

7 comments:

kelly ferg said...

I LOVE her shirt, I am assuming that you have made that beauty? Perfect for a girl like her. Glad she had a great birthday and that it lasted 3 days. Sab's birthday was on saturday also and it has also lasted 3 days. I am still freaking out that Cori is only 4!!!!!!!!!!!! You are SO nuts!

The Holyoaks said...

I couldn't stop laughing at the pic of her on the skates - where you hiked up her skirt. Ha! I seriously laughed out loud. And I like the pic of you covering her eyes as she waits for her birthday surprise. You obviously had her fooled since her hands are cupped out in front of her. Either she didn't know what was coming or she seriously underestimates how heavy and big a bike is. Wish we could have been there. She looks like you in half the pics and Jared in the other half. Precious! (And pink!)

The McGraths said...

I wish I could say that I made that skirt but I most definately did not! I tried to make one of these and it's way to hard and it didn't come out right. It was def. worth the $$$ just to buy it!

Gina Deceuster said...

Happy Birthday Cori! You look beautiful! Your teacher looks like a nice lady too. Those are some great pictures of some great birthday moments, especially the bike pic! When Luke and Alana ask when their birthdays are, I tell them all the things that are going to happen before their birthday...like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day...so they know it will be a long time, but there's lots of fun days until then!!

About Us said...

All I can say is more shoes to dress my poor son up in. Looks like a happenin' birthday.

Kaymee said...

I love her pic on the invite!! I think our girls would play great together!! We just celebrated Jenna's bday too!!! I didn't do a party this year because I did the last 3 years and I am worn out AND she I didn't want anymore gifts than she already gets from fam. We have TOO much stuff!!!! I'm guessing you made the pink leopard skirt? very cute!!!

Kaymee said...

Oh I guess you didn't make it! sorry sometimes I don't have time to read the prior comments :)