Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The first Victim of the Naughty Bench is...

ME!

That's right, I had to give myself a time out this morning! Let me explain why. I have two sisters who are into doing crafts right now and need knew ideas. Since I have been very crafty in the past I went up into my attic to take some pictures of some of my Christmas projects for them. Since I went up there last week I didn't shut the attic door all the way because I can't reach it to push it up. So I left it a little open and thought I'll shut it completely later. So the door has remained like this for the last week.




Well, this morning, we were late (of course) so I loaded up the kids in the car, grabbed my eggs, vitamins, hoped in the car and realized my windows were still down from last night. It has finally gotten cold so I thought there is no way I'm backing out of my garage until the windows are up and the heater is on! I rolled up the windows, looked behind me and started to back out of the garage. When I got half way out I heard this loud bang, so I stopped. Turned my head to face my door window and it was shattered into thousands of pieces. See photo.


Well, since I left down the attic door down, the cord was low enough to get caught in the window when I rolled it up. I didn't see that it was in there and when I pulled the car out of the garage, the dang cord was strong enough to break my flippin' window! I had to call Poppie to leave work and come to my house and help me get out of the car cause I had glass all over me! (Thanks Poppie for coming to rescue me)




So a week ago when Jared was saying that he thought something was gonna happen to my car. That's why I was joking about getting a new car for my birthday. Well, I guess he was right! So now I am on the Naughty Bench! Hopefully I can cook him a good dinner and he'll forgive me for being "so expensive"!
P.S. I hold Jill and Amy responsible, because had they not felt the need to be crafty, they would have never asked me for ideas, I would have never gone up into the attic to take pictures, and would have never left the attic door down, and this would have never happened!
It's only TUESDAY! Okay so far this week, I've had rotten pumpkins on Monday and then this today. I hope this isn't the beginning of a terribly horrible, no good, very bad week!

9 comments:

Gina Deceuster said...

Oh, my! That must have been a shock!! I must say, you look pretty hot on the naughty bench, though.

About Us said...

(laughing) Of course that happened! And it certainly has to happen when you are in a rush right? Bad luck comes in threes...so, I am intrigued on the next thing that will happen. Keep me posted!

That naughty bench has multiple meanings... ;-)

Rochelle said...

You look really pretty in the naughty bench picture. I have those days when you have so many kids and so much stuff to get in the car that you have this happen!

Middleton said...

I am so so sorry... i had been thinking about the fact that you might be taking all of those pictures for me and I felt a huge rush of guilt so I convinced myself you take pictures of all your art and I had caused you no more work than finding the saved pics... there went my piece of mind. Better days to come I hope! Oh and I'm sure Jared loved thinking of his "HOT and Naughty" little wife laying on that bench... you are too cute!

The Horners said...

Oh no! Those kind of things happen to me daily! U do look super cute on that bench! By the way, can I get me some of them pics too?

The Holyoaks said...

Okay, you look too sexy to be lying on the "naughty" bench like that. Keep it clean, sister.

Elisa said...

totally laughing. that would happen to me... I want one of your naughty benches in my backyard.

Kaymee said...

that is a sucky morning!! I can't believe it shattered that easily! was there any screaming going on in the front or back seats?? :) the bench is a great solution!

Tiffany said...

Oh Cindi, I feel so bad for you. I hate when ANYTHING happens to my car. It's so inconvenient, and just a pain. And I love your bench. It's super cute, and a good idea for the naughty chair.