I usually go to the Pumpkin Patch the first Family Night of October. This year I just kept putting it off, and off, and off! So I finally realized that Halloween is this Friday and Last night would be my last chance to go get pumpkins at the pumpkin patch. So I called Grammie to meet me there cause Jared was still working and I was not about to take all the kids by myself! So she met me there and this is all that was left!
Not only was this all that was left but they were ALL ROTTEN! For those of you who are fortunate to live outside of Humidity you might not know that pumpkins rot here in Florida almost overnight! I remember when I was a kid my Mom would always get an extra pumpkin or two and decorate it with cinnamon sticks, raffia, pine cones, and ribbon and leave it on our doorstep until Thanksgiving. You can't do that here! If you even carve it too soon than it is so rotten by Halloween that you have to throw it away. Rotten Pumpkins are just NASTY! I have resorted to painting them which I will let the kids do this afternoon.

I did manage to get a couple of cute pics!
After we took our cute pics we went to another Pumpkin Patch at...
That's right, Sam's Club! My favorite store.
Not only did we go but I went by myself! and yes, my cart over flow-ith! I just had to get pictures in the middle of the store and create even more of a scene. Let me tell you even with out the camera, I am quit the spectacle! I used to get lots of ugly comments about my bundles of joy but I think that's just all I heard. People are so nice and always want to "pet" my children. Specially at Sam's ( that's were the local retirement communities hang out!).
It was fun (for the kids) and our mission was accomplished. We got a stupid pumpkin!










6 comments:
Gotta LOVE Sam's Club!
P.S. They do not sell those corn nuggets here. I am bummed by that!
Glad to see I wasn't alone in being dissapointed by rotting pumpkins and buying them at the store instead! Your kiddos look cute. Glad you documented the pic of all the kids with you at Sam's so when they complain about tough stuff they have to do you can pull that out!!!!!!!
How do you get such cute pictures of your four young children all at once??!! I often can't get one of just Mia! You're amazing.
I gotta get Macy some of them boots Cori is wearing. Where did you get them???
You are a brave woman! I only take one monkey to Sam's and I always have my mom meet me there.
We bought 2 pumpkins last night at the grocery store. Pretty slim pickins, but cheap and not rotton :)
Post a Comment