Monday, August 25, 2008

Fay, Fay Go Away!!!

We now have a moat that encircles our home thanks to Tropical Storm Fay! No joke! I even had the neighborhood hoodlums skim boarding on our Lawn. As the first big storm was heading our way, I took the opportunity to make our 72 hour kits. I have two great lists that I used and once I get them scanned, I'll email them out.

Here is the side view of our yard/moat.



This is a very bad picture of our new moat in the back yard.

Our Weather woman checking out the status of the storm.

Looks like Rain!

Because of the storm, they canceled the first week of school.
So today was the first day of preschool.

They both had a great time!
Jason didn't miss them at all! He loves having one on one time with me. Something, he's never had.

(yes, Lucie was with us but she slept the whole time)

I don't remember having this problem with Cori! She some how pulls her headband down over her eyes, then she'll fuss for a minute and then fall asleep! Once I realize that that's why she was fussing, I feel bad and pull off the headband. But today I thought it was funny.
I am NOT excited to report that there is another storm bruin down south. It is already a hurricane and it will be a Category 3 hurricane by the time it reaches the Gulf!!! If it starts to come our way, I might consider skipping town!
Oh Gustav, leave us alone!

12 comments:

Rochelle said...

"I Love Lucie" with the headband over her eyes. Cute. Carson does that with blankets in his bed and it makes me nervous because I keep thinking he'll suffocate. Come visit us to get away from the storm! Cade is bored without his brothers around.

Elisa said...

Holy Stormage!! That's crazy! I would enjoy some good rain here, but not a hurricane! Mia use to do that with her bows all the time to. Then she would pull on it and it would fling back and hit her in the face!

The Holyoaks said...

Funny how Cori's pants are unbuttoned in the rain pics. Big kids going to school! They look so grown up, especially Cori Linn. Jason is cute as ever and that picture of Lucie almost made me pee. Okay, why lie? I may have peed a little but I'm pregnant and that's just what happens.

About Us said...

Well, it is a good thing you are prepared for a disaster! I have heard of "snow days." Do they have "rainy days"?

Middleton said...

That picture of Lucie is so stinkin cute!!!! Cori is such a big girl in the school pictures and your boys are as handsome as ever! What a cute weather girl... I hope there wasn't lightening with these storms.

Rebecca said...

Lydia did the same thing with headbands. I would feel so bad because I never realized that was why she was fussing until later. And then she would fall asleep too! Our poor girls are so patient. They just go to sleep if they don't like their situation!

Tiffany said...

You're so brave for living there. I know you don't have much of a choice, but I don't think I could do it. And the first mention of a hurricane and I would skip town. Thank goodness you are so prepared!

Coordination Queen said...

I'm glad the kids had a good time at preschool. Hopefully gustav will leave y'all alone!

The Horners said...

Ha ha I'm laughing at Jill. Cori does look so grown up, I love her hair. The boys look big too! Livi does that with her head bands but never falls asleep, she gets quiet and I check and she's sucking on them. I started taking them off when I can't see her. I always worry this time of year for you guys. You are a great example of being prepared! We are praying for you guys. Love you!

Kaymee said...

I am dying at that pic of Lucie!!! too funny. Jenna starts preschool tomorrow- she is sooo excited. I hope you guys didn't get too effected by stupid Gustav!!!

Dacia said...

Any time we hear about a hurricane heading to Florida I think of you and your emergency preparedness and pray you won't really need to use it! Congrats on 2 kids in preschool!!! Fun times!!!

Bassetts said...

Tut tut, it looks like rain. I'm glad you guys survived. You guys are great examples to us when it comes to emergency preparedness. So funny about the headband - Keira does that too - fussing, sleeping and all!