We had a great 4th of July! Our good friend, Nick Larsen, put together a Sunrise Pancake Breakfast for his Eagle Scout Project. It included pancakes, a flag ceremony and a Kids parade. I volunteered to sing in the Choir with out thinking that it was a "Sunrise" activity! You can imagine us struggling to get all the kids dressed and at the church before I had to sing at 7am!!! But we made it just in time. The breakfast was great but the Parade was a hoot. The kids decorated their bikes and wagons and had so much fun riding around the church parking lot. jake of course ditched his car for Matt's 4 wheeler. It was a lot of fun and we hope they do it again next year!






Later that afternoon, we had our neighbors and our friends plus our neighbors friends over for some BBQ. (Thanks Justin and Jared) Our neighbors once again put on a great Firework Show which I got to enjoy inside the house this year cause Jake wasn't havin' it! We sat in front of the window and watched from inside where it wasn't so loud. Jason sat and watched the entire show on Nana's Lap and Cori ran a muck in the yard in a tutu. Jared found a blowtorch and got in on the lighting of the fireworks. It was a lot of fun!




We are so Thankful to live in this country.
"I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me."
We hope you all had a great Independence Day!
8 comments:
Looks like fun. And of course, Cori looks amazing in her tutu.
Looks like a ton of fun! I love Independence Day!!
"Let Freedom Ring....& hurray for tutus!
My kids love to watch the fireworks from the window :)
Looks like a whole lot of fun and that you know how to throw a huge party. Blow torches were quite the rage this year. Nothing like big boys with big flames!
I love Cori's tutu AND gloves!
Cori is too funny! I love that you let her express herself so well! That looks like a fun parade. I want to organize one where I live.
Look at your festive little family! I can hardly get myself and Sophie dressed for the day. How do you do it all? :)
Post a Comment