Friday, May 7, 2010

Water Midgets... some float, some sink

Swim lessons have begun and EVERYONE is happy about this year!
Our super awesome swim coach was gracious enough to allow all 4 midgets to participate.
Cori & Jake in one class then 30 min later Jason & Lucie in the next.
This is one whole hour for sitting in the BLAZING HOT zona sun!
All I have to say is that my limbs better be tan,
cancer free and have swimming midgets after this!

Now I accidentally deleted our actual 1st lesson because I'm a bone head but
it turned out that I pretty much got the same exact shots the second time around.
So we're good.

Jake didn't cry this year so in my book, this has already been a success.

This little guy is on day 8 of a pretty serious concussion but
that is an entirely different post.
I haven't quite recovered from that one yet.
But as you can see, he was feeling well enough to swim.

This girl never hesitates to stop for a picture.

She's just like her dad and throws in her own McGrath "FLAVA"
(I looked for 30 minutes trying to find a similar picture of Jared flashin' the same pose but
couldn't find one and I KNOW I've taken at least 100 of them over our marriage.
I must have an automatic delete reaction when I see them now.)
This apple did NOT fall far from the tree!
If you know either of them, you get my drift.

They are very into it this year which is exciting.
I am literally on the edge of my seat in anticipation for a dive!


Could that be an actual stroke?
Why yes it is!
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a stroke!!!


It was AGONY for Jake to have to go 4th.
After every person before him he would prematurely jump in.
But coach made him climb out every time and wait for his turn.

and then of course that meant he missed his turn and had to go 5th. :)
Patience son... PATIENCE. Mom struggles with it too!



Next up... Thing 1 and Thing 2...

Now this little Nugget was the star of the day!
With every turn came, "No... No... No... myself"!
EVERY TURN!

Jason was very brave this year as well. No crying and
screaming like last year but giggles and laughter in their place.
I'm pretty sure I smell excellence.
Yeah, these midgets stink good!

Concentrated tongue biting inherited from Aunt Terri...

Superior kicking inherited from boys father...

Super snuggle sassy pants inherited from mother...

constant open mouth inherited from any Carter that ever
walked the face of the earth (what, we have big teeth, we can't help it!)...

Cutest happy face ever, created all on his own...

Kicky kickerson getting her kick on...

and on...

and on...

She is so kind to help her teacher out of the pool.

and then got pissed when the teacher put her back in...

Jason too...
And that my friends was a very entertaining exhibit of a VERY hot hour!

Why on earth did I not buy a house with a pool?
It has already reached up in the high 90ies and
my haircutting squirt bottle is not cutting it!
We are flippin' HOT and it's "technically" still spring!

The safety of the midgets is important and
I am totally comfortable about kicking them all in the back yard to fend for themselves...
BUT, in this dry heat, I could use an occasional chilly dip in the pool!

PS-Only comment if you live in AZ and are inviting us over to swim... PLEASE!

PSS- Also accepting applications for 4th of July invites. I would really like to NOT repeat what happened LAST YEAR!

I know that was a little more sassy than necessary... and I'm sorry... the HEAT is really getting to my manners!

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

Can you believe we were freezing our butts off in snow last week? It is starting to get hot here, but still windy so not too hot. I want to come swim with you, the pictures look so fun!

The Horners said...

I don't recall doing the tounge bitting thing as often as you did! so funny that hoots wanted to do it alone. cute pictures!

The Holyoaks said...

Pretty sure you bite your tongue WAY more than Terri. That is SO you. These are fun pictures. They don't start swim lessons here until you are 4 or 5. Lame. People don't swim here anyway. Double lame.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

And it's not hot enough to swim in WA...tripple lame! Lou-Who, you can come rafting with us on the 4th (Unless, of course, Guido comes early.)

Elisa said...

Man, could you send some heat to Utah?! It's been cold up here! And it's supposed to rain for three days now! I wanted to plant my tomatos tomorrow! dang it.

So glad the swim lessons are going better this year. The pics are adorable.