Monday, May 3, 2010

Women's Conference 2010

"Choose Ye This Day to Serve the Lord"
Moses 6:33-34

What a perfect theme for a wonderful weekend!
The spirit I enjoyed there was such a comfort and helped remind me that My Heavenly Father loves me no matter what!
I was inspired by our wonderful speakers and learned so much about myself and what I need to do on this mortal journey.

Off the top of my head... The underlying theme (s) I personally learned was...
SERVICE,
OBEDIENCE turns into FAITH,
REMEMBERING and KEEPING my Covenants,
MIRACLES have not ceased in our days,
Am I as PECULIAR as I should be?,
and my Savior sustains me thru my Trials.

I am so grateful to my Husband for helping me get to WC this year.
I know it will help me to be a little better at my responsibilities as a women/wife/mother.
I am so thankful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!
I am also grateful to have a living Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, on the earth today.
I KNOW that my Father in Heaven LOVES me enough that He sent His son Jesus Christ to atone for my short comings. I feel Happy. I feel Loved. All is well!

Here is my Dad and 2 of his sisters, Karen (L) and Linda (R).
It was fun to get to spend time with these women.
(and Dad is a rockstar for being on babysitting duty so Leah and Terri could enjoy WC!)

Women's Conference... WOO-HOO!

I'm beginning to see where Cori's Intensity comes from. :)

Our Group on the 1st Day.

I've had my name badge for 4 weeks and someone still had to point out to me that it says my maiden name.
Hahaha. I didn't even notice it!

Here I am documenting that I went to a class, by myself.
Well, technically there were 3000 women in this class, but I didn't know any of them.

Oh the Y on the mountains! I Love Provo!

Trying to capture the blossoms.

No trip to BYU would be complete with out a meal at Cafe Rio!

The Scatter Sunshine Concert that evening was AMAZING!
We had a blast! We were the only ones from our little group to stick it out.
After a LONG day of walking around campus it did not seem like something I wanted to do.
But, I'm glad we stuck it out because I LOVE, Hilary Weaks, Michael McLean, Alex Boye, Dallyn Bayles, Mercy River, and those awesome tapping girls from Americas Got talent! So Fun!!!

Oh and the Kettle Corn... YUM!



The last day with the Cousins!

Striking a "Boys to Men" pose... don't be jealous!

No eating in class!

and I LOVE this picture even though I have "stank-face"

Thanks girls! I had a blast! Can't wait 'till next year!

5 comments:

The Horners said...

OH my gosh! That last picture is so not cute. Leah looks the best. Who knew Alex Boye was so funny? Woooohoooo! Can't wait for next year!

The Horners said...

Ok so, Rochelle, Leah, Mom and Jill look the best. You and I are squinty, squintersons.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Glad it worked out that you could go this year - great fun, great lessons! (Thanks to Jared, too.)

The Holyoaks said...

Nice try, I look the best. Don't be jealous of my lovely lady lump. And, for the record, I am about to post all of these exact same pictures on my blog.

Rochelle said...

Next year hopefully we won't be so freakin cold! Can't wait for next year!