Today Jake gave his very first talk in Primary.
He was very excited.
Yesterday when I tried to talk to him about it he said,
"I don't want to do that" but this morning he seemed excited.
He sat up in the front of the Primary room beaming with excitement.
As he stood up to give his talk I met him up at the podium.
I proceeded to whisper the words in his ear,
he grabbed the microphone, put his lips on it and loudly said "Jesus Christ...".
With the volume of the mic so loud his words were loud
and fuzzy which sent the kids into laughter
and that was all it took for him to be done!
He got very embarrassed and bear hugged my neck asking me to say it with him.
After several attempts to get him to give the talk,
I proceeded to give the talk for him as
the Primary continued to giggle at his obvious embarrassment.
The kids weren't being mean it was definitely hilarious.
I had to regroup for a sec or two as I was giggling myself.
After church today we tried to have him give the talk to his siblings while we recorded it.
So here it is.
After that, I brought him into the Laundry room by ourselves
and after several attempts finally got this...
Jesus Christ has shown usmany miracles.
They teach us that if we have faith in Him we will be blessed.
I am thankful for the atonement.
I am thankful that if I try my best to be good I know that
Jesus Christ will make up for all the things I can not do.
All I have to do is believe in Him and that is a great miracle.
! say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Jake you are too cute and I am so proud of you!
***************
Today has been rough. (I'm being dramatic but totally serious)
It all started when I woke up this morning. Jared let me sleep in till 7:30am and that my friends is HUGE that I got an extra hour of sleep! As I walked out I realized that I wasn't ready. There were too many things that needed to be done in the next 3 1/2 hours so that we could be at church in time. I immediately regretted sleeping in.
Jared decided that since it was a cool morning that he would head up into the attic to change the air filters. While up there he discovered that the AC was leaking water ALL OVER the ceiling above our kitchen. He found mold and all! YUCK! BUMMER! But so glad we found it before it was too late! We skipped out on baths last night sowe had to do them this morning. I was not totally prepared for my lesson or Jake's talk. Had to iron clothes this morning because I decided to snuggle with Lucie on the couch yesterday afternoon instead of ironing. Did both girls hair. Jared made cupcakes for the 16/17 yr olds that we teach (seriously its like nursery in our class). We went to make the kids lunch and realized we were out of Peanut Butter and a couple of other meal necessities. I skipped my shower this morning to save some time. Leaving our house in an absolute DISASTER, we were able to make it to Church with 20min to spare. Whew!
As I sat in the chapel waiting for it to start, still feeling a bit rushed,
I was frustrated with myself. I had not used my Saturday wisely.
I was reminded of the Primary song:
Saturday is a special day.
It's the day we get ready for Sunday:
We clean the house, and we shop at the store,
So we won't have to work until Monday.
We brush our clothes, and we shine our shoes,
And we call it our get-the-work-done day.
Then we trim our nails, and we shampoo our hair,
So we can be ready for Sunday.
I had not prepared myself Physically, Mentally nor
Spiritually for the Sabbath and I was disappointed.
Many of the things that had to be done this morning
were all things that could have been done on Saturday
had we put a little more thought into it.
It wasn't a very big deal but it put me in a fairly rotten mood
which of course made it difficult for me to be open
and accepting to the teachings of the Spirit.
Which is a very big deal to me.
With my crazy life right now,
I look forward to Sundays and Church.
It is me time, time I get to feel inspired
and feel of the Spirit. Time to learn and have my testimony grow.
I look forward to thisday all week long and I should be prepared for it to be here.
I hope that I can try harder to use my Saturdays more wisely.
Use it as a day of preparation for the Sabbath
so that my Sunday routine is stress free
and that my time before church can be a time to mentally
and spiritually prepare for learning.
8 comments:
Amazing how long it takes to get people out the door to church! If you didn't have days like this you wouldn't truly appreciate the good ones, right?
I got up at 5:30 to make it to church on time. But I was exhausted and a total grouch the whole day. The moral of this story is that moms are just grouchy whether they are prepared or not.
It's so hard to look at the big picture sometimes when we are in the middle of it, but there are great blessings that we may not see right away by just being there & making sure our children are there. Don't be discouraged - miracles are happening & little testimonies are growing. :)
You are so right. We don't have church until 1pm and I'm still struggling to get there on time. It doesn't help that I'm working on Saturday's now! I need to have outfits ready and our church bag ready the night before!
Dead. On. Girlfriend. I am constantly wasting my Saturdays away too. But you pulled it off and managed to look stunning, as usual. I love Jake! I feel bad giving the Sunbeams talks, I do it out of pure laziness, but he did great! Trust me, even some of our 9 year olds won't even GO up to the podium. He's a mighty fine boy.
xoxo's
Man I hear ya. I have Sundays like this too and I always regret them. It's hard with kids. Don't be too hard on yourself babe, you can't always be on the ball, even though we really want to be!
Good job Jakey.
As for Supermom.....thanks for the reminder. I truly look forward to the calmness of the sabbath (without little ones). Still, being prepared makes it more rewarding.
I had a Sunday like that not too long ago and I didn't figure out why I was in such a crappy mood until the next one rolled around and I had everything done the night before so Jake could get the kids to church on time even though I had to be there 2 hours early. But I always seem to forget that during the week... :)
Post a Comment