Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happiness

I'm feeling Happy today for no good reason.
It's nice and refreshing to just be happy.

Yesterday I put the sprinkler on the hose in the front yard and
let the kids have at it.
Awe, it was beautiful to see their sheer joy!
I was in Heaven as I watched them play and giggle.
I wanted so badly to go grab my camera and video Jason run in circles as
Cori chased him on her bike.
His giggle is so contagious!
Seeing their teamwork as they filled up the dump truck with water.
Just HEAVEN! So instead of grabbing my camera,
I just sat there and enjoyed it all to myself.
I just didn't want to leave and miss the cuteness.

Some recent cuteness...


He LOVES this shirt!


NOODLES!!!


They make me so happy. I'm so Lucky!!!


and this is from today. I'm so glad I had my ipod right next to me.

************

and now I shall complain, for no good reason...

I am on a Diet... UGH! I hate even saying that out loud!
It's such a lame sentence.
This Monday, when I went to the gym, I got slapped in the face by reality,
I weighed more than usual (a lot more) and well it stinks.
I mean the last time I weighed this much I was pregnant (and NO, I'm not).
I don't think that I am Fat, but I also didn't even notice or acknowledge that I was growing.
I just realized that I'm not in the best of shape(s).
and when you eat like crap and don't do regular exercise,
at some point its gonna catch up.
Hmmmmm... I have heard this before...
I'm pretty sure I may have just blocked it out.
and guess what? It totally caught up!

I have a SERIOUSLY unhealthy relationship with food.
I like it... a lot. too much. I like all things food...
I like to eat it, look at it, watch it being made on food network,
eating it, smelling it, touching it, liking it, tasting it. Yum.
My attitude and moods revolve around what and
when I ate last or when I'm gonna eat next.
I get excited thinking of certain foods.
Some foods make me happy, others nostalgic, and
the problem is I have never set any limits.
Yes I don't like some things, well now that I'm Dieting,
I'm learning that I don't like a lot of things that are healthy for me,
but I will eat because I like it.
Man, reality is the pits!

I am hungry.
I am cranky.
I am frustrated.
I am mad.

As I write this I am drinking a caffeine free Diet Pepsi... I won't lie, its gross.
I am salivating for a Coca-cola right now. Mmmmm... lost in the memories...

Denial, where are you... I miss you!
I want so bad to go back into denial and
eat whatever whenever with no care or guilt!

Desperately wishing this was easier...
for now, "I'll be UP in the GYM just WORKIN on my FITNESS"

**I wrote this a couple of hours ago and CLEARLY I am hungry and whining.
I just ate dinner: grilled chicken, mashed cauliflower, sauteed zucchini.
and I am feeling better. It was delicious.

17 comments:

The Horners said...

i be up in the gym just workin on my fitness..... fergalicious! you are so NOT fat. I need to do the same just to be in shape!

The Holyoaks said...

Don't know what's up with you guys but I look freaking AMAZING.

love, lowry said...

Love all the pictures! I'm excited to come hang and hopefully I don't ruin your diet....
P.S. You look great!

Anonymous said...

Cindy you are super hot and skinny so I wouldn't worry but I totally know the feeling so if it is going to make you feel better in the long run to workout and eat better I say do it!!

Leigh said...

Oh, Woman! I am SO there with you. I've been off the "sauce" and dieting for about a month now. It IS the pits! But I'm super sick of Relief Society arms, so it's all good...

Middleton said...

Cute pictures. Way to go trying to get in shape while you don't have too far to go. On my side of things it is a very daunting task!

Vanessa English said...

I've decided to diet as well- I went on a 3 mile hike yesterday AND I just had a Diet Coke! I know you know how I wanted the regular coke. Your dinner sounds like it was delicious....and I hear you on the food relationships. Its sick how much I crave McDonald's fries and a Coke. In fact, for what its worth, you are probably my only friend who loves Coke as much as I do. Anyway, let's inspire each other with this healthy living thing. And you DO look great!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the diet...they are so rough! I try to avoid them... my only advice would be to go get some skinny cow deserts at the grocery store.yum.

Tiffany said...

LIKE you need to be on a diet! I can't do them...I love my treats and pepsi WAY too much!

Love your shenanigans!! I feel ya, and I've told you before I just love knowing I'm not the only one with superactivedestroythingsin2secondsandmoveontotheotheroomtostartalloveragain kids. (did ya get that?)

Aaaahhh - school, the sweet sound of school. I've never been so excited for that time of year. For me - 6 days and counting.

jamie said...

ugh. i to am on a diet. Remember how horribly we ate while living in Provo? Seriously I think we went to wendys or mcdonalds at least once a day....plus all the other awesome food we ate.
Seriously, back then i didn't even think about it. but now its totally catching up.
i just love food to much. must have lots of it....

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

I certainly do NOT think you need to lose weight, but we can all do our best to eat better. I know I didn't set the best example, and it is difficult to change bad habits...I have stopped biting my nails & after 28 years, I've given up Diet Cokes - I started drinking them when I was pregnant with you & I haven't had one in over a year. Love the pics of the midgets, can't wait to see you all soon.

Vanessa Brown said...

oh goodness goodness I cannot read skinny hot ladies complain about their bodies. you are so lucky!! ps glad you had an extra happy day :)

Rochelle said...

You are silly. You are beautiful no matter what and the extra weight probably looks good on you. It all goes downhill when you hit age 35 (not 30 like some people say) so make some good healthy eating and working habits now before you really NEED to. :)

Coordination Queen said...

I started on a diet... I was on it for a good month and did pretty well. Then I fell off the wagon and have just been sitting and watching it roll away... now I just avoid the scales. :) And try not to eat too many cookies for breakfast. But if they are oatmeal raisin, that is totally ok, right?!?!

Gpa Paul said...

first... I am glad you took the time to enjoy all the kids happiness. Documenting everything isn't as important as truly enjoying.
second.... sounds like you are on step three of a 12 step addiction plan. you really write well and entertaining. I have fun following your thought process. Love ya.

Unknown said...

Cindi, you are so darned funny! Loved the video of Lucy and Jason's love for his Gator shirt!!!

Elisa said...

I love your Diet Complaints! You seem to be able to complain on your blog in such a charming and inspiring way. :) My alarm is set to wake me up at 4:45 to be at spin class at 5:15am! Then power pump class after that. Seriously, it is SO early! But my LOVE for food and need to be 'fit' means workin it out. I am never grouchier than when I'm 'dieting' so I'm sending good vibes your way!

PS I HATE caffiene free diet ANYTHING!! Makes me grouchy... :)