Thursday, August 12, 2010

And it begins...

KINDERGARTEN

Wow! How did we get here already? I didn't even cry! Well I cried after we met the teacher.
She was SO READY! That's what is so sad about it... she's in a mad rush to grow up!
She was so excited. Couldn't sleep the night before... woke up super early...
was dressed, lunch made, breakfast eaten all before 6:45...
and don't get me started on the above picture!


As I was loading everyone into the car, she was clearly frustrated that I was taking so long.
She kept saying things like, "Mom, it's okay, I can walk there all by myself".
We pulled up to school and she knew right where she was and where she needed to go
so I dropped her off and circled around the school to park
and got out and snap some pics of her and her classmates.



After school Madison went to pick her up.
Which is just waiting by the front entrance to our neighborhood.
We live right across the street from the school so Cori can walk home.
Madison said that Cori came tearing around the corner in a full sprint with her huge backpack
flying from side to side so Madison hopped out of the car and as soon as Cori saw her,
Cori jumped up into the air, with hands held high yelling,
"I'm in Kindergarten! Wooo Whoooo!!!"

It was a success! She did it with huge smiles!
I'm so proud of her and the spunky little girl she has become.
What a fun personality wrapped in such a beautiful girl. I'm so lucky to be her mom!

Jake starts preschool next week and then Sept 1 we are in operation Potty Training!

18 comments:

The Horners said...

I can't believe it! She looks adorable in that first picture... so grown up!

We start potty training after the wedding. I may be calling you for advice when that starts!

C and Co. said...

How fun!! She is so cute! Can I send Jake over for the potty training fest??? PLEASE!!!!

The Holyoaks said...

Cuuuuuutttteeeeee!!!!! I love her. I can't believe you didn't cry. I want to cry about Macy starting and we still have 2 years to go!

We start potty training after the wedding too. We are all going to go insane.

Lisa said...

I love her personality that comes out in all the pictures too! Jessi starts on Monday. We will see if I cry. I think MJ might, he is taking the day off:) I'm starting on potty training after school starts too. Good luck!

Kasey Strong said...

I remember when I'd do the same thing each time I started a new grade! It was always so exciting the night before and the morning of, I'd have that butterfly feeling in my stomach just like you get when you get to go to a theme park! That's so fun that Cori has started kindergarten. I always imagine my 9 month-old daughter being a teenager and moving out of my house and I just can't believe how fast it all goes. And I'm sure you know way more about that than I do!

love, lowry said...

I love her! I can't wait to see her and hear about her class!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

That grin just says it all! Milestones are bittersweet. So much excitment ahead! ;)

The Holyoaks said...

Why is she wearing different shoes in these pictures?

Gpa Paul said...

Can't believe it. She is growing up soooo fast. Look forward to seeing her.

Linda and Rex said...

Brings back memories of sending my first off to school and that was 32 years ago. She looks so sweet. She will have a ball.

Linda and Rex said...

Brings back memories of sending my first off to school and that was 32 years ago. She looks so sweet. She will have a ball.

CorayFam said...

She is SO beautiful and full of life..just like her mom!! I love reading your blog Cindy!!

Middleton said...

The cutest little Kindergartner ever! So cute! Had Adia gone to Kindergarten I think thats how she would have been. Always in a hurry to grow up!

Portillo Portal said...

How exciting! She is adorable!

Adam and Laurin said...

That first picture is so hilarious! Too cute!

Elisa said...

That top picture...! Ummm. She looks so OLD!

Rochelle said...

Kindergarten is so fun! She looks SO READY!

Coordination Queen said...

so so cute.