After much Prayer and Fasting, we have decided to uproot our life and move it to "Fairizona". Jared has accepted a job working for Stryker Spine in Phoenix, AZ and will officially begin Jan 27th. We are very excited about this opportunity and look forward to this new adventure.
We of course will be sad to leave our home of 6 years, family, friends, Ocala 1st Ward, Disney World, Sea World, etc., etc., etc.!
Jared and I spent this last weekend in Arizona trying to figure out where to live. No decisions made yet. We did however take in the Desert Mountain air and got a grasp on where everything is. We are very eager to learn more about Arizona. So here are our top 10 reasons why we are looking forward to this move and why you should come visit us...
1. Mountains
Yes, I'm hiking in heels!
2. Sunsets
I have no words for the beauty. The sky doesn't even look real. You have to see it for yourself!

3. The Grand Canyon
Just a hop, skip and a Jump away

4. Cacti
I couldn't get over seeing the wild cacti everywhere! I hear that they are protected, you have to have a permit to remove them from your yard. And boy do they hurt!!! I hope our new home doesn't have any cause with my 4 curious and clumsy children, I'm sure someone will get hurt. Maybe more than once!
5. Great Spanish Cuisine
This may be a lame reason to you however it is an important one to me. While Jared and I were there we ate at Loco Patron, Costa Vida, Cafe Rio and Rubio's. All I have to say is Delicious!

6. Indians
I am excited to learn more about the Local Indians. They should meet my 4 Wild Indians!

7. Hunting
Mountain Lions, Habalinas, Coyotes etc. plus it's close to Mexico Hunting which I hear is fun.

8. Camelback Mountain
A sight to see. At first I couldn't see it but once I located it, I was able to navigate my way around easier.

9. Boating
We sold our boat a year ago but from what we saw this past weekend, every body has a boat so we don't need to have one. :)


10. The Cardinals Baby!
And we seem to be following Shaquille O'Neal around. First he was in California, than Florida and now Arizona. Watch his next move closely, we might have to follow.


I think those are pretty good reasons for your visit.
Like I said Jared starts on the 27th of January but the kids and I will be in Florida until our Home sales. I am praying that this process will go quickly so that we will not be apart from Jared for long but am also prepared to be her for a little while. We have enjoyed our time here in Florida and plan to visit often. Florida has been great to us and we will miss it. We are excited, sad, nervous, stressed, and ready for this next chapter of our lives.
"Fairizona" here we come!



23 comments:
You forgot the part where you are close to family that misses you! Fun pictures... you are such a dork!
Yeah, you are a dork...but we love you so much & are very glad to have you closer. What is the name of Shaq's manager? I think the Kings are looking for someone just like Shaq!!! :)
That is so awesome!!! We live in Thatcher, Az which is like 2 hours south so, when you get settled in to where ever you're going to be living we should do something! We go to Phoenix alot. Hope you love it as much as we do!
That is exciting! At least you'll already be used to the heat... good luck with selling the house. I hope everything goes smoothly for y'all.
Are those my earrings?
Congratulations. That's exciting. I love moving. Sad that you're leaving the eastern half though (not that i ever saw you, but it's nice to know that there are a few people on this side). the real question...what about john? i still want to see cool holiday party pics at the travolta's!!
Wow, it IS beautiful there! You know, the desert's not so bad, once you get used to the idea that your children (Alana) believe all mountains are brown. We look forward to having you closer!!
Hope yall have a great time there and the whole moving process goes smoothly. Sounds like a wonderful thing for your family. We will miss all you guys in Ocala.
How exciting!!! Good luck in finding a new place. Sterlings live there in Cave Creek, remember them? I'm sure Jerad will find some Marlin or something to catch there. Hope your house sells quickly.
What part of AZ are you going to be living in? That is just awesome (not like I make it down there that often, but maybe I will have more of a reason to now...and I can drive there and it not take ALL WEEK). That is so exciting! Good luck with the move. We hope to see you guys more often.
(Seriously Shaq? What a prima donna!) ;-)
Jared looked like he was really into hugging that cacti. I didn't know there was a Cafe Rio there. Ben and I were saving up to come see you in FL but never did because there was no money. ha, but maybe now that your closer we'll get to see you more often! We are excited for you guys.
Sad to leave a place you have spent so many years and have created so many memories...on the other hand, you will only be a few hours away from me!! Yeah! We can see each other more than once every 6 years!! Congrats on the big change and good luck. And yes, what about 'Mr. John'?
Congratulations on the move you guys! I feel like we haven't seen you in forever and am bummed because our chances are better probably seeing you guys in Florida (which is strange considering the distance away Florida is compared to Arizona). I'm excited for you guys though... post pics when you find where you're going to live!
p.s. We lived in Tucson for awhile growing up... my mom said it was her favorite place ever she's lived. Which is funny, a lot of your reasons are the reasons she loves it in AZ.
That is sooo exciting!! wow! Hey you will be closer to Vegas! We should have little reunions more often :)
Wow! Good luck with the move. It's always fun the see new places and people. It will be a good adventure.
Welcome to the wild, wild West!!! Hopefully we will see you guys more often now, just a state away. We're pumped!
Love,
Aunt Kim
How exciting! I bet you will love it there. I would love anywhere my kids could play outside year round! Eveytime I visit Arizona I don't want to leave. I guess if anyone could sell a house, take care of four kids and pack everything it would be you!
Cindi-
Wow, I didn't think you guys would ever leave Ocala! But I may take you up on the offer and come visit AZ.:) My sister LOVED living there. I hope your home sells and all goes well!! Best of luck!
That is so exciting! Tyler and I want to end up in AZ, you are going to love it!
It looks like a beautiful place to live. Good luck.
I actually have a business trip to Phoenix in early April... it would be great if we could meet up for dinner while I'm in town!
I'm so sad to hear you are moving. But I'm so glad you have this blog, so I can keep tabs on you!
Congratulations! What a fun new adventure. I don't know if I would call if fun. I think it is hard to adjust at first but you will do awesome! We look forward to more updates.
Post a Comment