Thursday, December 23, 2010

Jingling all the way...

Yes, we've been Jingling!
The kids have been out of school all week. I've been taking advantage of that time to sleep in... which in fact has proven to be an awful idea. Just because I sleep in does NOT mean midgets sleep in! Learned that the hard way. I just need to give up on any hopes of ever catching up on sleep! I guess that's what teenage years are all about. Sleeping your life away because you have to build up the stamina to be awake for many years ahead. And then after your children grow up and move away, you still can't sleep. You just lay awake in your bed and stare at the ceiling. So you see, my days of sleep are far behind me. It's a good thing that I would sleep in till anywhere from 12-3 in the afternoon. My body knew what was coming!

Why am I talking about this? I don't know.

Before school let out for Holiday Hooliganism, we were fortunate to get to watch Cori and her fellow kindergartners sing their jingling hearts out! I arrived 30 min early with the 3 baby midgets (planning to meet Jared there) and to my JOYOUS surprise there were NO seats left! Well wait there appeared to many seats available but after I drug the babies all around searching High and low for a seat, I realized that the seats were occupied by peoples CRAP! I LOATH seat savers! especially when they are for people who are NOT related to children performing. Why don't you all just moral support THIS! I was beyond BUG-ed! So the midgets and I sat in the back up against the wall were they enjoyed torturing me with their"awesome" behavior! I was so glad when Jared finally got there for the Last 2 songs so I could snap some pictures! Despite my frustration (or drama) Cori was so excited just to see me there. Which of course made it worth it all!

I just really wish I could take clearer indoor pics!


Its a blessing that she was super late for school that morning because had I not dropped her off during morning announcements, I would have never known there was a performance! They must have announced everything while we were in Florida.
Thank goodness I trusted Cori one morning when she refused to go to school without a plain white shirt so she could make this lovely!

I particularly have LOVED that the next day at school she had a class party where Santa came and told all the kids that they were on the nice list. What "Santa" didn't realize was that it was 2 weeks before Christmas and some kids can be naughty in 2 weeks time! But my little 6 yr old is quick to remind me that Santa already told her she was on the nice list! So she is exempt from anything that might be considered Naughty!

Now this little nugget...
Lets me know every day that he is not naughty. Earlier this week while Jared and I were getting ready to go out on a date, Jake asked me where we were going, I told him we were going to the North Pole to plead with Santa to put our kids back on the nice list! (I'm the meanest, right?) So now when ever I am going somewhere he asks if I'm going to the North Pole again and if I'm not, he asks me if I can go.

Jake is also really into tattling to Frizbee, our elf on the shelf when anyone is misbehaving.

Here is our resident Grinch...
He likes Christmas but we are CLEARLY not on the same page when it comes to anything gift, decorating, jolly spreading related. With that said, he is being a pretty good sport.

We were 30 min late for Church Sunday morning just for the sake of these pictures.


Totally worth it. Were you startled by my awesomeness in the last picture? Cori sure seems to be. I can't remember but maybe I was also making weird noises while straining to create that face!

As we walked into church that morning. Seats were scarce. I quickly spotted an entire row mid chapel completely vacant, what a Christmas miracle! As I ushered my children through the Chapel like a Shepherd, I got to the vacant row to find that... oh yes... someones CRAP strewn about the bench! ARE WE FOREALS??? So i did what anyone would do, I looked around and decided it was 30 min into Sacrament meeting, saving seats only applies before it starts. This bench was in fact free game so I snagged it! No one said a word. Since I was too late to go up and participate, I was able to sit with my adorable midgets and enjoy the choirs performance. But my FAVORITE part of Sacrament was when I had to take Precious out for being disruptive. Once she calmed down and they began the closing Hymn, I decided it was safe to go back in the chapel. As I walked I was singing joyously to the Hymn. Once I sat down I realized that the closing Hymn was being sung by the choir and NOT the congregation. So that's right, I had an impromptu solo walking through that chapel. I'm way cool!

Now that we are at the beginning of the week of Christmas, we have just been enjoying the kids. Being lazy and hanging out. It's been fabulous! I remember this day just being incredibly thankful for my Children. I am so blessed. They are crazy, spastic and mouthy but ooooooooo...WEE I love them!

this little man...
is often caught looking in the mirror talking to the reflection of the Christmas Tree behind him. With arms stretched out to the reflection Tree saying, "MERRY CHRISTMAS TREEEEeeeeeee........". Oh he is adorable!

and this little monkey...




totally SPAZtacular!

and this little Diva...
is growing too quickly!

With all joking aside, I am truly thankful to be in this boat with Jared and our awesome children! Life is not always easy but man o man is it ALL so worth it! Life is good. Heavenly Father has blessed me. I am so grateful that Jesus Christ was born, later suffered for me and then risen. I am so happy to celebrate his birth!

Merry Christmas to ALL!

(yes all of my sentences are run ons and my grammar stinks, but I'm over it)

8 comments:

Rochelle said...

Cracking up at your solo. I bet most people didn't realize. We always think more people notice when we do stuff like that than we do. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Funtastic post, Cindi! Keep on being you! At least you can sing!!

Coordination Queen said...

Oh my gosh. I was laughing so hard when I read that. Awesome!

The Horners said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Seriously laughing. I would have laughed harder if I were there to witness the solo. Cute Sunday gear!

Cori looks so old in that individual shot of her in her reindeer shirt. I almost can't believe it... and maybe teared up a bit.

I love those babies!

Chris Holyoak said...

There are so many things I wanted to comment about, so I will just make a list of a few things I loved:

- Jakes eyes . . . are they different colors?
- Jason's bowtie
- Lucie Baggins and her one boot that you just bought that already have holes in the toes
- And, of course, the fact that someone painted their hands black and grabbed Cori's boobs.

Fun stuff at the McGrath house!

The Holyoaks said...

Wow, Kiff sounds so girly.

Gpa Paul said...

I could picture you in every moment of your blog. You truly seem to keep it together and make it all happen and even when singing a solo or trapped in the back of a concert, you seem to be counting and enjoying your midget blessings all around you. Smile!

Middleton said...

Your solo just made me laugh so hard and I didn't even get to hear it. For some reason it's not hard to imagine though!

Your family shot is BEAUTIFUL! Totally worth being late for church!