Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Shenanigans

Over the past 2 and 1/2 weeks, Jared's parents were visiting from Florida
and this is the only picture I took!
I know, total Lame-sauce! I'm SUPER bugged about it!
I do LOVE this picture though. It totally sums up who Grammie is.
Sweet, fun, patient, patient and patient! Did I mention Patient?

I always have big plans to snap lots of pictures
when Grammie and Poppie are here and for some reason I never get it done.
My kids LOVE them so much and have lots of fun when they are visiting.
Shame on me for not capturing the moments!
Next time I'm just gonna wear my camera around my neck as if it's an accessory
just to make sure I can document the time spent together.

While they were here, Jared and I went to Jackson Hole and Canada,
and Grammie and Poppie went to Las Vegas and Sedona.
So I guess that's a pretty lame excuse for not getting pictures.

It's been a busy month in the McGrath home with LOTS of shenanigans...

The sky threatens to storm, but never does.

Family Movie Nights are always fun!
I love my kids in their jammies all snuggled up together.

Little girls who find Binki's or
have had it hidden in her room somewhere for the last 6 months.
I was completely shocked when I found her suckin' away
on it considering we took them away awhile ago!

Sweet snuggles from little girls.

all of the books out, everyday, just for the sake of making a mess.

allergic reactions from used video equipment.
Note to self, Do not boy a used Wii from someone who has a cat...
you will swell up, have burning eyes, hives, itch, sneeze,
and bruise your eyeballs every time you touch it. It's not fun!

other shenanigans not documented by photos but definitely blog worthy...
Chocolate and vanilla frosting smeared ALL over the walls (bead boarded walls, arrgghh).
Flooding of 2 or more toilets.
Coloring on Doors.
Unnecessary running of water out of faucets to flood the counters, cabinets and floors.
Frosting all over baby girls carpet and bed.
Shredding of magazines.
Stripping down naked at any moment at any place.
2 entire boxes of cereal dumped out, smashed and ground into carpets.
Messing up and jumping on any and every bed that has been made.
Coloring on each other.
Applying tattoos to each other, babies included.
6 different games out at one time with pieces all mixed together.
And 5 puzzles out, dumped and mixed together.

Basically, it's been pretty awesome over here for the last 3 weeks!
And those are just things that I personally have witnessed the midgets do.
That does not include shenanigans that happened while I was out of town!

The kids are OBVIOUSLY having a ball this summer!

School starts in 2 weeks.
I'm not celebrating... I'm just sayin'!

10 comments:

Gina Deceuster said...

I love that her pacifier is upside-down! And I too am counting the days until school starts...15, 14, 13...

K said...

I love that I am not the only one who's kids seem to undo everything I have done. I learned a trick for puzzles, it may not be a trick, but it was new to me. Bradley's school teacher puts numbers, letters or stickers on the back of each puzzle piece and then when they get mixed together she knows all the A's are one puzzle, all the B's go together etc. I did that for Bradley's puzzles. It took some time, but he only dumped them out once, since he has learned that HE has to seperate them.

Eric and Kailee said...

You guys need a reality show!!!! McGrath Chaos... I'm calling TLC tomorrow ;}

The Horners said...

hahaha I love it! Can't wait to see you guys in just a few short weeks!

The Holyoaks said...

How are you not losing your mind? I think you have it together way more than you think you do. Those kids went to the right family.

Gpa Paul said...

Wow. and your alive to talk about it.

Rochelle said...

Now I know why you aren't bringing them to the wedding! Ha Ha... I like the puzzle idea for keeping them straight when they get mixed together. I'm a mean mom and keep everything with little pieces too high to reach unless mom is asked and put locks on pantry doors when kids are in the make a mess with food stages.

Elisa said...

Your life is so fantastic! Love the shenanigans. I use that word all the time but I don't think I've actually typed it! lol. Your trip looks like fun too!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

I LOVE all your shenanigans - you truly could NOT make that stuff up! (The only thing I miss about you being in Ocala is Colleen - I just love that lady!)

Coordination Queen said...

Wow. And I thought my kids were crazy. :)