Monday, July 19, 2010

Jackson Hole, WY

Jared and I got to get away for a weekend with our neighbors.
It was one of my favorite trips with Jared to date!
Why haven't I ever been to Jackson Hole before?
It was so beautiful and so fun!

We flew into Salt Lake and Steve and Andrea picked us
up from the airport and we drove 5 hours to Jackson, WY.
All I have to say is I want an ipad!
Those things are awesome, kept me entertained and
I know it would help the kids in long car rides.

We stopped at this reservoir in close to the ID/WY border.
The weather was so awesome and the scenery was breathtaking!

The water was cool so Jared and Steve stripped down and took a swim!!!
Such teenagers!

While I sat on the bank, we saw a Bald Eagle fly over our heads,
circle down, and nailed a fish right in front of us!
Not even a 100 yards away!
It was such a neat experience, one I'm sure I'll never witness again.
It was beautiful!

We stopped at some podunk place called the Fat Cheeseburger

As soon as we got there, we rented some mountain bikes and went to it!
Yes, I mountain bike. I'm not as good as my husband but I enjoy it.
I only went over my handlebars once!






Our hotel had these fake, carved Bears EVERYWHERE!
They were even placed looking in some of the room windows.
SO GLAD, we didn't have one of those rooms!

and yes, we wear boots!

We went rafting in the Snake River.
I was expecting it to be a lot more adventurous then it was.
It's got Nothing on The American River!

Yes, Dad I wore a wetsuit, please let me stay in the family! :)

I forgot the name of the company who took the pictures
in the big rapids so I don't have a shot of that.
But I did stop my paddling to smile for the cameras.
What can I say, I'm a Diva!


Later that day, we let the boys got do their own Biking Trails
while we cruised around Jackson Hole.

We ended up back under the chairlifts where we pushed our bikes straight up the mountain, thinking we were taking a short cut to the trail.
Obviously not knowing that the trail was half way up the mountain.
I don't recall who's idea that was, but it was a dumb one!

I thought we both were gonna pass out!
I've NEVER worked so hard and sweat so much!!!
We sat there for a good 30 minutes before we head down the trail!

But of course I was pretty proud of myself for doing such a thing.
So were the guys when we told them what we did!

Jared made fun of me for taking a picture like this... "But it was so pretty"!


We ate at The Gun Barrel... probably one of the best meals ever!
Buffalo Stake, Venison Sausage, and Elk Chops and apple pie!
YUUUUUUUMMMMMMMYYYYY!!!

Hanging out at the Local Farmer's Market.

Before we headed to Salt Lake, we went over to Teton Village
where I did the DUMBEST thing ever!
I rode the Tram all the way of the flipping mountain!
It was a 12 min ride that I had a MAJOR panic attack on!
I am SO afraid of heights!

trying to pretend I wasn't freaking out.

Jared and Steve ignoring my obvious nervousness.

Not Even half way up yet!

"On Top of The World"

Freaking Out!

Jared being Dumb!

Freaking out on this side of the mountain


freaking out on the other side of the mountain!

Marveling at what I did after I was safely back at the bottom!

Such a fun trip that I hope we can do again next year!

9 comments:

The Horners said...

Too bad I was having too much fun at the Bieber concert to come say hi. Maybe next time. You are so adventurous with your bike and junk.

Middleton said...

You are so sexy in your mountain gear! Looks like you had a great time... I'm glad!

Coordination Queen said...

Gorgeous scenery. It makes me miss the mountains. Glad y'all had fun!

Elisa said...

Fun Trips!!! I take way too many pictures also! But all of yours look great!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Never been there...WY's best kept secret!!! Beats the heck out of Casper or Cheyene!

Portillo Portal said...

Man, u r a champ! mt. biking is so hard! go mama cindi!

Vanessa Brown said...

You know I was just telling my friends at dinner the other night that I really want to go there, it looks fabulous!

Rochelle said...

I'm soooooooooooo impressed biker girl. I had no idea you were so into this. I thought you were joking about the bike skills. :)

Gpa Paul said...

I love mtn biking. Glad to hear you are head over heels about it. As for the wetsuit, hey its all about the look. sounds like a fun weekend