Thursday, December 4, 2008

Gobble! Gobble! Gobble!

I'm gonna stop calling these posts long cause I have realized they are average posts for me. So here is an Average post about our Thanksgiving Day Festivities!


I woke up early Thursday morning to participate in the YMCA Turkey Trot 5k (3.2 miles)
I am NOT a runner! I am not a jogger! Let's be honest, I can barely walk!
Here is my moral supporters and fellow jogging mates... Kelly, Grammie and Kristin.
I am wearing the very same Christmas PJ's that Cori was embarrassed I wore while taking her to school the week before. Are 4 year olds allowed to be embarrassed of their mom's already? I think that might be breaking the rules or something.
I took Jake and Cori with me in my new jogging stroller. It is awesome. It almost pulls you right a long!

They also did a biking thingy too. I think those bike classes are CRAZY! If you've ever done one you know what I mean. Those teachers are overly enthusiastic about making your butt hurt! I just don't get it. Here is Grammie, Cori and Kelly warming up for the BIG jog.

There were 600 joggers signed up. The biggest turn out ever.
We of course, were the cutest! See proof below.

Let me repeat myself, I am NOT a runner but, I did run! (but only for a couple of minutes)
Run! Cindi! Run!

Grammie can run backwards and video at the same time. She is so talented!

Yes, I am aware that I look like a "Who" from "Whoville" but here is proof that I didn't come in last!
I am alive and still breathing. I think!

I finished in 40 minutes and 8 seconds. Slow but steady wins the race! Go ME!!!

After I got home, I made Jared and Cori watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade while I made cookies. We than gathered our Wild Indians..


and headed over to Grammie and Poppie's for some good eatin' Fried Turkey



More eatin'


some goofin' around with food up our nose. Teenagers, are easily amused!

and so is Jared.
and more eatin'

and it wouldn't be Thanksgiving with out Pies and just as much desert as there was food! The kids were lovin' it!

we than looked through the ads and planned our route for Black Friday or better known as "Crazy Lady Shopping". The kids took a look for themselves.



Naturally, they wanted everything.
I did my Crazy Lady Shopping Solo this year. I got everything I needed. I than celebrated with friends at Olive Garden and spent some time with my main squeeze Edward Cullen! I loved the movie! Jared says I keep talking about Edward in my sleep and he makes fun of me for telling him he doesn't "swoon" me anymore like Edward "swoons" Bella! So he walks around the house saying. "Cindi, I'm Swoooooooning you"! It's a work in progress. That will just have to do for now!

2 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

I haven't laughed so hard at your blog in a long time. I don't know where to start. The fact that Cori got embarrassed of your PJ's was funny enough. Especially considering her head-piece at the turkey trot. At what point do you stop intervening when your kid wants to dress themselves. Apparently that time has come and gone for you. I almost peed my pants.

Love the videos Grammie took. I was laughing pretty hard at the end of the first one because she says "oh sorry" to what I can only assume is a person she ran into while not paying attention.

Love the pic of Jared being a goober and the one of Jake reading adds upside-down. What a talented child.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

You are so silly! I love that you are "running" in your PJs & for the record...when you were in Kindergarten I was a "room mom" & you were always concerned with what I was wearing to school!!! You definately had an opinion at an early age - You have always been the "fashion police!"