
I finally woke up on May 23rd @ 3am with real contractions. Wasn’t sure if I should go to the Hospital because had previously been sent home by MEAN Nurses and was afraid to be sent home again. So at about 5am I got out of bed and took a shower and got ready for the day. But after some confusion between Jared, Mom, and I on whether or not my water had broke, @ 6am we decided to go to the hospital. Jared and I drove really fast to the hospital. He was disappointed when we past a cop and they didn’t pull us over because this time he had a really good excuse! We were admitted to the hospital at 7:15am, dilated to a 6. I was going to try to have the baby natural but with each contraction I would whisper to Jared that I wanted an epidural. So the Nurse called for the Anesthesiologist to come. We soon learned that he was in surgery with my Doctor and I was in pain so she called for a different one to come and give me the epidural. S

o Dr. Heinbockell (another Anesthesiologist) came in, the nurse checked me again and I was dilated to an 8. So we needed to move fast. She told Jared, Mom and Grammie to leave the room while they gave me the epidural. They sat me up and instantly I felt the baby slide down in position and contractions where right on top of each other. Meaning no time for breathing or sitting still for an epidural. I didn’t say anything because I wanted the epidural. So he proceeded and I started yelling because the baby was coming out! So they asked Jared to come back in and called for my Doc. I pushed once while still sitting on the bed and yelled, “He’s out”. They said, “no it’s ok” and I said, “No, he’s out” and flopped myself back on the bed while still getting some of an epidural. They pulled back the blanket and Jason was starring at them. So I pushed once more and he shot out onto the bed at 8:08am and after a split second Jared, the Nurse and Dr. Heinbockell scrambled to clamp the umbilical cord, get him to c

ry and clean him up. Once he cried out the door came flying open and in comes Mom, Grammie and Jared’s Sister Kristin who all thought that I was yelling because the Dr. was screwing up the epidural but soon realized that I had a baby. In walks my Doctor. “She already had the Baby?” Yes!
Afterwards, was so wonderful holding him and making that first connection. He looked a lot like Jake when I first saw him but later on in the day started to look more like Cori. Once they took Jason to the nursery for testing and a bath, they moved me to the Mother’s wing where I would stay the next couple of days. Once I got in the room and met my nurse, I started hemorrhaging (lose of blood). I knew it was serious when there were 5 nurses in there massaging my stomach with scared looks on their faces. They ended up giving me a shot to help control the bleeding and patossin (?) to get my uterus to contract back down. Once they semi had things under control Jared and his Dad gave me a ble

ssing and I got my color back and felt better.
The kids came later that day and all Cori said and still says is, “I hold him?”. She didn’t like taking turns but is learning to share her new little “baby Jason”. Jake wasn’t interested at all but by the second day he warmed up to him and giggles at him and tries to grab Jason’s hands and feet. They are both adjusting well but I know that things can still go either way.
Coming home was eye opening for Jared and I with 3 car seats and realizing we are now a family of 5! The first night home was a little rough. Jason didn’t sleep well and I developed a fever, headache, extreme hot/cold flashes and a cough that I’ve had ever since. My Doctor has ruled out any complications from birth and suggested that I see our family Doc. So I went today to the Family Doctor and learned I have an upper respiratory infection. I am happy to know what is wrong. Now I need to get feeling better before Mom and Dad leave.

Jason is doing much better sleeping at night and I am thrilled. Hopefully he can keep it up while I get better. He is starting to look like a different baby. He still looks like one of our children but not like Cori or Jake. We are blessing him this Sunday at church. Lets hope Jared doesn’t change the name again. I have heard several stories about this happening and have been told that the name isn’t official until he receives “a name and a blessing”. So keep your fingers crossed!
By the w

ay all this has happened while Jared has gotten the addition completely done. The day Jason was born there were tons of people at our house ready to work on tile, painting, AC etc. The only problem was that all had questions before they could start and Jared was at the hospital with me. So he had to do some serious juggling that day. As of today we have a finished project. YEAH! So I owe him an apology for my lack of faith in him. He has enjoyed working on this project and making sure it was done in a timely manner. He has been so good to me over this last month and I love him! Cori and Jake love playing in the “Castle” and Mom and Dad have enjoyed the new guest room. They have both been a huge help and we will be sad when they leave.
7 comments:
Congratulations! Sounds like you've had an adventure. :)
G'ma is soooooo proud to be here, too!
So cute to see all three in carseats!
I know you don't know me, but Jill was my trainer in the mission and I have heard a lot about you and Jared because you got married right when I arrived in Italy. Jill mentioned you had your baby and I had been checking your blog in the past and just wanted to say congratulations!
haha the last picture is funny! so cute! love u
Cindi, congrats on #3. You are my role model! What a fun time for you guys! Just think how lucky your kids will be to be so close to each other! How fun! Also, you guys will be young enough to really enjoy those kiddos, and you will be young grandparents! Congrats again!
Congrats!!! That's way exciting. Baby looks beautiful and the family looks great.
Post a Comment