The HAPS is my family's news letter. Every few months I get a message from my parents asking for the HAPS. A "What's been HAPpening in your life" update. I submit my 3-4 months worth and my mom compiles all 10 families updates and emails it to the family. It has served 2 wonderful purposes with our ever growing family...
1. It has been a pretty solid Family History Record that we have all contributed to since the beginning of MidCart time.
2. We know in more detail what our parents, siblings and cousins our doing.
I am going to share with you my Contributions to the HAPS to fill my gap on the blogs.
***Most of these submissions were in the midst of my Divorce***
October 2011-January 2012
Not sure how to begin this email so... I just wanted my family to know that Jared and I are getting Divorced. We plan on telling the kids this Sunday and are beginning this process on Wednesday of next week. The only reason I am telling you now is because I am seeking your help with prayers as I prepare to tell my children this life changing and sad news. I am scared and need all the strength I can to be there for my children and their needs. I pray that I will be guided in how and what to say to them and that they will feel loved, safe and understand what this means. I also hope that they will be comforted throughout the upcoming changes in their life.
I am not planning on making such a grand announcement to the world yet so your privacy on this sensitive subject will be greatly appreciated. I'm going to lay low on the social media as well. I appreciate all of you and for your support and love throughout this difficult time and the past few years really.
I love you all very much! I know that my Heavenly Father is with me and I know that because of that I will be ok. It will all work out and I can do hard things.
Thank you all.
Love, Cindi
I love you all very much! I know that my Heavenly Father is with me and I know that because of that I will be ok. It will all work out and I can do hard things.
Thank you all.
Love, Cindi
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
February-May 2012
Hey Family,
I officially Filed for Divorce in February and Jared moved out. He is just a couple miles away which is great for the kids. They are with Jared every other weekend and every Wed afternoon. It's been a BIG adjustment for everyone.
School got out in May and it seems like the same week, we sold our home and the kids and I moved to a much smaller home just a 1/2 mile south of our old home. We are back in our previous Ward that we were in when we 1st moved to Mesa except this time our Nanny friend and her family have been added to our Ward! It has been a blessing to me and the kids to be with familiar faces as we transition to our new home. The new home is small, desert landscaping and has a pool! Low maintenance is BEST for this newly single Mom! The kids are staying busy this summer with swim lessons, dive team, and summer camp at a Ward members home. Cori also started official piano lessons!
Our divorce should be final early October. Once school starts we are going to try a 50/50 schedule. I hate the thought of it but the state of AZ wants the dads to try. Statistically, the kids are better off spending equal time with both parents. Realistically speaking, not sure if it will work with Jared's schedule but it's worth a try. The thought of only seeing my kids half of their life just rocks me to my core. I have been surrounded by great friends and a Ward family that has supported me and lift me up in times of need. I am forever grateful for the fasting and prayers that have been offered in our behalf. They have truly carried me during this very difficult time. I am constantly uplifted by the tender mercies of the Lord which remind me how much our Father in Heaven loves me. It has been a great source of comfort to me.
Thank you all for your love and support. Looking forward to seeing most of you at the reunion!
Love, Cindi and kids
I officially Filed for Divorce in February and Jared moved out. He is just a couple miles away which is great for the kids. They are with Jared every other weekend and every Wed afternoon. It's been a BIG adjustment for everyone.
School got out in May and it seems like the same week, we sold our home and the kids and I moved to a much smaller home just a 1/2 mile south of our old home. We are back in our previous Ward that we were in when we 1st moved to Mesa except this time our Nanny friend and her family have been added to our Ward! It has been a blessing to me and the kids to be with familiar faces as we transition to our new home. The new home is small, desert landscaping and has a pool! Low maintenance is BEST for this newly single Mom! The kids are staying busy this summer with swim lessons, dive team, and summer camp at a Ward members home. Cori also started official piano lessons!
Our divorce should be final early October. Once school starts we are going to try a 50/50 schedule. I hate the thought of it but the state of AZ wants the dads to try. Statistically, the kids are better off spending equal time with both parents. Realistically speaking, not sure if it will work with Jared's schedule but it's worth a try. The thought of only seeing my kids half of their life just rocks me to my core. I have been surrounded by great friends and a Ward family that has supported me and lift me up in times of need. I am forever grateful for the fasting and prayers that have been offered in our behalf. They have truly carried me during this very difficult time. I am constantly uplifted by the tender mercies of the Lord which remind me how much our Father in Heaven loves me. It has been a great source of comfort to me.
Thank you all for your love and support. Looking forward to seeing most of you at the reunion!
Love, Cindi and kids
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June-September 2012
June
August
We moved to our Rental Home
Had Lucie's 4th Birthday
Kept on Swimming
Kept on Diving
Kept on Piano playin
Bought a new Ford Explorer
Divorce was Finalized
July
Took the Kids to Utah for Stadium of Fire
Went to the River for much needed family time
Cori Started 2nd grade
Jake started 1st grade
Jason Started Kindergarten
Started 50/50 split time with He who must not be named
Cori and Jake started Piano Lessons
I got trained to teach Eyelash Extensions
Went on my 1st date as a newly Single Gal
Went to Washington to visit the Holyoaks
September
Lucie Started Discovery Club
Cori and Lucie started Tumbling
Went to Utah to work (I did Hair, Eyelashes, Taught Eyelashes, & Photography)
Cori began member Missionary Discussions with the Missionaries in Prep for her upcoming Baptism
It seems that the next 4 months always seems to be more difficult than the last and I'm finding it hard to sit and reflect and record all its happenings. However, I'm always grateful I've survived. The kids are also doing Great! What a blessing! School has helped tremendously. All of their Teachers are wonderful and very supportive of the children. What a relief. Things are still difficult for me. I was actually doing well until school started. We were so busy this summer that it became easier for me to avoid things. With school starting again I am running into lots of friends from my old Ward and driving by my old neighborhood 3 times a day. It has been a slight set back for me emotionally but I'm dealing with it.
It seems that the next 4 months always seems to be more difficult than the last and I'm finding it hard to sit and reflect and record all its happenings. However, I'm always grateful I've survived. The kids are also doing Great! What a blessing! School has helped tremendously. All of their Teachers are wonderful and very supportive of the children. What a relief. Things are still difficult for me. I was actually doing well until school started. We were so busy this summer that it became easier for me to avoid things. With school starting again I am running into lots of friends from my old Ward and driving by my old neighborhood 3 times a day. It has been a slight set back for me emotionally but I'm dealing with it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
October 2012-Jan 2013
October 2012-Jan 2013
October
Cindi went to Yuma to Visit Danee & Rob Lowry for Conference weekend
Mesa Schools October Break
-Family Pics with The Pied Piper (won a FREE session and photos)
-Open Gym at Desert Devils Gymnastics
-Ostrich Farm
-Schnepf Farms
-Arizona GrandResort for 2 nights
Cori turned 8 years old and went on a special trip with Jared to UT
Cindi turned 31
Mom, Dad, Jill and Baby Gack came to town
Cori got Baptized
Halloween
November
Cindi Voted for President
Went with the Demke Family for Thanksgiving
December
Everyone got sick
Spent Christmas Eve Day with the Demke Family riding Horses
Midgets to Jareds Christmas Eve
Cindi got to have the kids a couple of hours Christmas Day
Cindi spent the rest of Christmas Day with the Beus Family
Cindi went to the Mid-Singles New Years Eve Dance hahahaha
January
Madison (our Nanny friend) got married and the kids were in the bridal party and Cindi did lots to help w/the wedding
October-December was ROUGH!!! Having to do the Holidays after a Divorce is brutal. It was very hard, but I am grateful to have friends like Holly, Alisa, Danee and all The Demke Family. I know Heavenly Father has blessed me with these friendships! Plus, I survived it! Next year should be much easier. Fingers crossed. January 1st, I woke up and it's like the lights came back on. I was ready to say goodbye to 2012 and ready to take on with positivity 2013. I have vowed to be happy this year.
The kids are fantastic! They amaze me every day with their ability to adapt to such an unpleasant situation. I would do well to be more like them. They have been doing well in school this year. Jared and I have discussed with Jason's Kinder Teacher that it is in Jason's best interest to repeat Kindergarten. It was an easy decision since we had discussed it before our divorce. Jason is doing fine in school but we all feel that he would be more confident in his studies staying back one more year. Cori and Lucie are still in Tumbling and enjoying it. Cori and Jake are in piano and love it. Their teacher is awesome! Jake will be starting Basketball in March while Jason plays Flag Football. I tried to talk them both into playing baseball but they were NOT interested. All the Midgets are very close and I am extremely grateful. It has been so fun to watch them love each other and look out for each other. Even when they are all being Spastic and gang up against me... inside, my heart is full because I know they're good friends.
I am dating. It is weird and funny and scary. I've been on a few dates here and there. I feel like I'm doing something wrong and I'm constantly giving myself pep talks in my head, "it's okay. you're Divorced. you're single." Hahaha... It is so weird to be in this spot in life. Dating is much different than it was 10 years
ago and I've learned that I am no better at it at 31 then I was at 16. Same teenage tendencies and rules are there. It's absurd... I'm not looking for anything serious, just trying to move forward and have some fun.
Thank you all for contributing to Cori's Baptism Book. It was such a special thing for me to put it together. I truly feel like that prepared my emotions and spirit for that day. It was a Happy Day and Cori felt loved by her family near and far. I truly am grateful to have you all in my life as well as in my children's life. Our story is unique as well as our love and I wouldn't trade the trials, the blessings or the relationships for anything on this earth. I love you all!
Love, Cindi & The Midgets
1 comment:
I love the HAPs idea!! I don't have as many siblings to keep track of, but it doesn't matter, we still don't know much about what each other is up to. ANd I love that you're so willing to share what's happened the past few years!! Love you forever!!!!
Post a Comment