Monday, March 18, 2013

Dating...

Oy.

That right there is all that needs to be said. LOL.

New Years Eve 2012

My first encounter was a pity set up back in September. My girl was throwing me a bone that was in the form of a dreamy 6 ft hunk of a man that was nothing like my ex. 5 min into the date I proposed... just kidding... Hahaha... but seriously, in my head I had planned our wedding and named the 2 extra children I never before thought of... no joke. I gots issues...
It was a very good 1st encounter. It restored my faith in Men and helped me realize that there are still  some good guys out there. The tricky part for me was figuring out how to make one like me. 
To my shame, I cyber stalked, "butt dialed"(I'm 12) and day dreamed of Professor HUNKledor. It was an out of body experience. I could see myself doing things that I would have done in 6th grade but my inner tween was socially vomiting obnoxiousness way quicker then my 31yr old self could react. Only recently did I come to my senses and realize the stars were never going to align. Truth.

I joined the cyber world of dating in November. Oy...Oy...
Apparently that's how you do this these days. It was hard for me to take it serious at first. Had many good times with my besties giggling over its absurdness (wow, that's actually a word). Mean Girls 3.0. But hey, it was jokes on guys that are on an LDS site who openly admit to never attending church?! Totes Confused! One in particular who's Profile picture resembled that of a paper pic you find in a frame you buy at the store. I had called him out on his irony, which he responded with a, "what are you doing right now. Meet me at the Temple lights." Ummmm... yeah, that's not gonna happen. I am very popular amongst the 50 to 74yr olds... I wish I were lying. I'll be honest, it was a great self esteem boaster for me. However, it got to the point where I would sit at home, cry and wonder how my future was going to come via computer.

So then we get to New Years Eve and I decide to strap on my big girl panties and head to the Mid-Single Adult New Years Eve Dance and Firework Spectacular. {SIGH} That was seriously the title. Hahahaha! I was terrified but knew I had to venture out of my comfort zone and walk the Social Plank. I got ready for the Spectacular, stopped by my friends home so her young adult daughters could pump me up and I was on my way... By myself. I walked in and decided it would be much less awkward if I bee-lined it for the gym as if I was meeting someone there. I made it through the foyer with out a hitch...  but in the hallway I hit my first bump. I was stopped by a gentlemen well into his 60ies... "excuse me ma'am, do you work here?"
"What?" I said. Yeah... this is a church dance not a night club. "Um, no I don't work here."
"Oh," he says, "well, do you want to marry me?"
{EYES BUG OUT OF MY HEAD} "No, I'm good, but thanks for asking." I say as I scurry into the gym regretting my decision to even come.
Once I reached the gym safely, I settled down into a seat to scope out my surroundings. There were lots of Geriatric booty poppin' and a solid amount of "special friends"doing a mean air guitar. I awkwardly danced a couple songs by myself and decided that I needed to make a friend. I introduced myself to a couple of random girls who let me camp out safely in their group for the night. By the end of the night I had danced with a few guys and meet some really fun girls. It was a lot of fun despite the awkward start. I'm grateful I am outgoing and have such a positive attitude.

As of today, I have gone on several dates. Had a few crushes. Learned that this is glorified High School. Realized I'm not any better at this now then I was when I was 16. Accepted that I'm aggressive and pursue what I want which is NOT the right way to do dating. There's this thing called "playing hard to get", yeah, I'm not good at it. All in all, I know I'm not ready to be in a relationship but I'm ok with collecting experiences.

So, I'm taking applications for a new husband. If you know anyone that might be interested in the job send me their resume and head shots!

Kisses XXXX
-Spinsters INC-

11 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Bahahahahaha! I can't stop laughing!!! I'm pretty sure I have been to that EXACT dance you described...painful to remember, relieved that it has passed. "Geriatric booty poppin" was my favorite! Bahahahahaha!

The Lord has a plan for you, Cinderella - keep going to the Ball, but make sure you get home by midnight! Love you more than words!

Melissa Hays said...

LOL!!! You are just adorable. I cannot wait to follow along this journey with you. Nothing wrong with being aggressive.... Don't get discouraged with the "geriatric booty poppin" and the corny idiots that bombard you in the hallways. Guys are lazier and don't put up with as much as us women do so...Your Mr. Wright might only come to one of the dances every once in a while...so darn it! Yes, this means you have to go to ALL of them. And then kindly report back to all of your followers all the hillarious things that happened so that we can leave our daily life for a few moments and laugh, smile and build a force of hope for you that will bring you closer to that amazing man that the Lord has prepared for you.
Love all that you are, the example you are and the life you continually share that always brightens my day and makes me want to try a little harder.

Melissa Hays said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gpa Paul said...

You certainly kept me laughing. May not seem funny at the time but in retrospect, some pretty funny stuff.
Not a fun time of life to be dating but I can tell you, I met the most amazing woman the second time around. Never been sorry for a moment.
Sometimes you gotta wade through "stuff" to get to higher ground.
😜

Adam and Jessica said...

I love you Cindi Lou Who! I love reading your blog and seeing what you're up to as well. I know Heavenly Father has so much in store for you yet. You look beautiful and your kiddos are so big now! Love you friend!

lynbar said...

I just want to say that I think you are wonderful. You are strong, and amazing, and have a fabulous attitude. You are a great example of the importance of being positive. What lucky children you have!

Gina Deceuster said...

Cindi you are FUNNY!! So great that you have such a sense of humor about all this. What else can you do, right? Hey that reminds me of something...found it...“It is easy enough to be pleasant when life flows by like a song, but the woman worthwhile is the one who will smile when everything goes dead wrong. For the test of the heart is trouble, and it always comes with the years, and the smile that is worth the praise of the earth is the smile that shines through the tears.”

Love you Lou Who

Unknown said...

ROFLMAO!!!! My best to you, Cindi!!
}}Hugs{{
Vicky

Elisa said...

Love all your catch up posts! You are amazing girl. Good luck with your dating journey! Don't give up!

Tiffany said...

I loved this! At least you'll be able to look back and laugh, Right? I can't imagine what dating is like again. That's one thing I'm not sure I would do ever again. But you, Cindi, you can do it!!! And you WILL find the right man! Good luck sifting :)

Cami D. said...

I am dying!! On oh so many levels to this!! You my newly-one-time-at-said-event-friend are FUNNY!! No seriously, as I sat home on this nice Friday night alone (insert a swar word, any will do!) i thoroughly enjoyed finding this little nugget!

1. Online dating. Remember that one time you branched out of your comfort zone and tried to "flirt" behind a computer to find out the next day he's in your ward? No? That's just me?
2. Remember when that man at a dance who was older than your mom asked where you'd been all his life? Um, in elementary for a good good part of it, sir! No? Just me?
3. Or how about that time (s) that you wondered if this is REALLY your life? Ya, just me?

Well my need-to-hang-out-again-friend you are not alone in your qwest for love/stability/need to be needed/respected!! I know already that you're pretty freakin great! Hang in there...even if its by having the courage to geriatric booty pop for awhile!!