Monday, April 23, 2007

As if we didn't have enough going on...

We have decided to add onto the house. It is a big project and we've been tossing the idea around since last October. We finally made the decision in January to move forward on the project. We are adding a playroom, guest bedroom (which will also be a scrapbook room for me) and a small bathroom. I was very clear that I wanted it to be done before the baby came. Jared and the contractor have promised me numerous times that it can and will happen. I have been very doubtful about that actually happening but they are determined to prove me wrong and I'll let them!

The very first day they were out there cutting out the grass, they hit a pipe to the pool and half the pool emptied and half the mud ran into the pool. Lets just say our pool looks like a swamp and it wouldn't surprise me if there were critters and gators living in it! There is no picture, it's too gross to show. When they had left we noticed that they cut the grass out wrong which meant that the wrong plans were submitted for permitting. So that slowed things down at first.

I was so excited the day they finally poured the foundation. I tried to get back there to put the kids handprints and names in the foundation (even though it would be covered by carpet). I forgot that we live in Florida and nothing stays wet for long in the Florida heat. By the time all the workers left it was dry enough for us to stand on and it was only slightly cool. I was so bummed!

They are now making some serious progress which I am surprised by. They plan on being done mid May. So far they are back on track but we will see. The kids have enjoyed all the action out the back window. That is also their new favorite place to play. We are very excited for a new playroom, scrapbooking space, and more storage. Now I can get caught up on all the food storage we are supposed to have. I can't wait!

2 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

Looks like it's going to be an awesome addition. We can do some great murals in there....

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

WOW! Big Fish - will my room be done by the 16th? love Jake' baby in a box foto!